Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - need a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Engman
Yeah -its off topic - but I need a set of side marker lights. I rather tell this small group as we live closer and I suspect sombody may have a decent set from a parts car.

Trade a muffler hanger or something for them. I gotta cover the Fugly bodo over attempt by the PO.

M
seanery
I hate 'em! You want my set? I'll trade you for a piece of metal with screw tabs cut to fit inside.
seanery
I think Jeff Fort's car has some on it.
Engman
Ok - I will program a set fer ya. What gauge metal do you want? 16G, 18G, 20G.......

M
seanery
I just want something that will seal up nicely. What size is the fender?
Engman
how are you sealing it? Weld in would mean round pieces and you would have to weld up the holes. Backer plate would be different (like what you drew) and would be welded in on the backside and bondoed in the front.

I can make them close to the fender gauge - I will measure my 74 in this area.

M
seanery
I plan on screwing them on after they are painted. I want to get the car painted sometime, when I do that I'll weld in material and smooth it out.
Pnambic
there might well be a market for simple product like this Mark... idea.gif

If I had known you were looking for a pair a day earlier, I coulda grabbed a couple while I was up north. Are you gonna send him yours Sean?
seanery
yup, i really hate them.
Engman
This all started this weekend with a valve adjustment...... Did the valve adjustment, found that the gaskets on the covers were maybe leaking then found that the gaskets had stuck to the heads (there was no sealant on them), had to carefully scrape with a razor blade all the excess off the heads, install new cork gaskets, installed my new parts (painted for the rear trunk release), and then I noticed the Fugly area on the fenders where the DAPO bondoed and sdid not do a good job smoothing them out. You know I am going to this FFC04 thing and want the car to look as decent as it can. It aint no beauty contest winner, but mechanically it is sound. (Hell it should be for all the $$ in it).

BTW - sample award has not yet been run - we lost 3 lasers late last week, we think it was contaiminated gas. Waiting on parts to get them back up. Very unusuall.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.