Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems mounting tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Any one have problems getting thier tiers mounted?

I bought a set of Falken Azines from Discount Tire. 3 went on find, they could not get bead to set on 4th rim. They put it in this cage thing and inflated to 120 psi before bead set. After that, they could not get it balanced. So I missed Tire Rack auto cross today finger.gif .

Tire is not longer round, they are getting me another one Tuesday... which is OK but

Has anyone else had issues getting tires mounted? How about problems with Azines? Hope this is a one off and not a trend with these new tires.
Brad Roberts
I have personally mounted 12 of these tires on Fuchs rims... no problems. Much easier than mounting a Hoosier or Kuhmo on a Fuchs alloy. If one side (bead) doesnt seat tell them to use the machine that they use to UN-seat the tires. They can use it to straighten out the bead on the OPPOSITE side of where the issue is. Hard to explain without showing you a pic of the tire machine.

B
GaroldShaffer
I wonder where you were. Mine are not mounted on my Fuchs but the local tire shop did this to one of my steel rims when mounting them.

They had no probelm with the other rims and paid for a new (used) rim No damage to the tires.
qa1142
Thanks Brad

I think I know what your are saying.

I'll have to watch more closely as they mount the new one Tuesday.
Brad Roberts
Do you know what lube they are using ?? Too much lube inside the tire and it will never balance.

B
GaroldShaffer
K-Y ohmy.gif cool_shades.gif sorry I couldn't resist biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.