Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2004 East Coast Ramble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
I'd like to thank everyone for making this years Ramble a huge success! From our sponsors down to the guys over at Hyland Orchard/Brewery. The only draw back to the event was the heat. Hey we haven't had a summer day above 85 all year, who would have thought that the temp would pop up to 97 on "Ramble" day? Sadly I did not bring a camera along with me so I've got no pics, if you anyone has some nice digital shots please zip them up and email them to me.

I'd like to send a special thank you out to my wife, Sherri, for letting me break away from our house remodel to plan and run this event.

I also need to send a huge thank you to Dave Cafro for helping me out and keeping me on track (even though he needs a booster seat when driving his sloped nose teener). I would also like to thank everyone for not making fun of my car and it's funky steering wheel. Chris Foley deserves some kind of award for riding with me as I think I have the sloppiest shifter on the East Coast. I'm sure he got a kick out of hearing it nick third, first just disappearing and second being elusive. There wera a few times when 4th was the only gear I had. I'd also like to thank Chris for giving me a push start when my starter solenoid decided to bake off.

It was a sincere pleasure seeing everyone from the old gaurd (remember when this was a "Porschefiles" event?) and meeting so many new and interesting people. I was shocked at the turn out we had considering just a couple of Rambles ago we were only a group of 12 or so. Michel, a pleasure as always! Joan, Renata, Jason, Scott, Jack, Jim, Tom, hey I could go on and on with all of the incredible people that attended and shared in this great weekend. Ed V. and Dillon, Ed. M, Ralf, John H. and Tom A. it was pleasure seeing you again and a pleasure seeing clan Eberlin show up. Is it my imagination or does the clan get bigger every year?

Gee I could "ramble" on and on here but I'll leave some for later. I hope that everyone had an awesome time and I look forward to getting together with you all again soon!

All my best,
Mike D.
jdogg
A big thanks to you Mike for organizing this great event!!! It was evident all the hard work you and Dave put in behind the scenes to make it all come together!

What a wonderful time we had! This was Kimberly and my first Ramble, so we really had little idea what to expect. These events are much more about the people than the cars, and it was a great group that assembled this year. The Rau family, Ralf, Joe, Mike, Chris, Dave, Jim, Kevin, and many others I can't name. I only wish there was more time to have met everyone there. I guess that just means we'll just have to plan on making this a yearly thing!!!!

I made the trip to the FCSCC autocross Sunday morning, but was disappointed not to see any other 914s there. I met Paul Heery, unfortunately his 914 was broken and he had to drive an MR2 for the day. Thanks Paul, I enjoyed the event with your club! A very well run event that allowed us 6 runs for the day!

The trip home to NC went into our record books as the worst ever, traffic was horrible the entire way, and to top it off, Tropical Depression Gaston flooded Richmond Va. forcing them to close I-95 and us to find an alternate route! What is normally an 11 to 12 hour trip quickly turned into a 17-1/2 hour ordeal (with a 2 and 4 year old in the truck! YIKES) We eventually made it home unscathed at about 2:30 am.

Is it time for the '05 Ramble yet?!?!?!?
Part Pricer
Thanks for showing up. It was a pleasure to have you there.

BTW, Jason can drive the snot out of his 914. He gave our three-time "Autocrosser of the Year" real good fits all day.

I actually took 2nd place in C-Stock driving an E-stock MR2. So, I got some points towards the class championship. Unfortunately, I wound up in the hospital Sunday night. Seems I was suffering from "severe dehydration".

Glad you had fun.
4WheelDrifter
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, A big thanks to Mike and Sherri for setting this up and the lunch.

Had a great time. Great meeting other 914 owners, everyone was really nice.

I had planned to go to the auto-x but the heat just killed me Saturday. That and getting only 4 hours sleep the night before. I tried to get up Sunday morning but couldn't. I remember sleeping until about 12:30 Sunday. My 914 didn't seem to mind the heat though, oil temp went up only a bit from it's usual all day.

I only took a few pics and a short video. I'll send them to you Mike.

Looking forward to next year! monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.