Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmeister Adjustable Front Swaybar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
My 914 has a 70' 911S front suspension with a 15mm swaybar (thru the body stock type).

If I order a 19mm Weltmeister, do I specify for a 914, or a 911? Or is there any difference?

I'm assuming the Weltmeister just slips right in, or will I have to make modifications to install it? Would like to order immediately to hopefully have it installed before the next AX.
Brad Roberts
Go with the 22mm bar and set it on full soft. The 19mm ends up to small if you even think about tracking the car.

Buy a 914 bar. The 911 bar however was "the same"

B
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 1 2003, 11:02 PM)
Go with the 22mm bar and set it on full soft. The 19mm ends up to small if you even think about tracking the car.

Do you recommend a 22mm bar for autocrossing as well, or just for track?

I don't know what size the torsions bars are (since they're from a 911S probably heavier than stock 914?). The rear has 160# springs w/koni adjustables.

I don't drive the car on the street much (a few hundred miles per month).
Brad Roberts
Yes on the 22 Welt (or is it 21mm ???) for autoXing.

A 22 on full soft will work just like a 19 set in the mid range (which means you are almost out of adjustment on the 19) I know lots and lots of people pissed when they got faster and found they needed to buy a new bar because they went with the 19 first.

Your 911 torsion bars should be 19mm. I think this is what I measured a few days ago.

B
ChrisReale
Get a Tarett bar. Better for not much more money. Ive heard of Weltmeister hardware breaking, and them telling you tough titty on single replacement parts.
EdwardBlume
IMO- I like the 21MM Welt on soft for AX.

Do the torsion, ball joints, and TTR at the same time.

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.