Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official ABNRDO Build Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
abnrdo
Well I have started. Anyone know how to get that bolt off of the starter????? smash.gif Click to view attachment
abnrdo
Ahhh I figured it out. I didnt see the 17mm nut on the other side of the starter.

-Jim
abnrdo
Not much work done in the past year. With all my trips overseas, and one pending we will see how far we get. I would love to have the car on the road to drive when I get back. No interior, and work to be done on the rear pan half. Thats the worst of it so far.....

Eric_Shea
Let's keep classified ads in the classified section and build threads in the garage please. wink.gif

Looks like a good start and, it looks like you have help!
abnrdo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 31 2012, 01:38 PM) *

Let's keep classified ads in the classified section and build threads in the garage please. wink.gif

Looks like a good start and, it looks like you have help!

agree.gif

It was a nice try though...
abnrdo
Poked around the hell hole. NO holes except for one in the firewall right behind the passengers seat. I know I need a photo. I need to get under the car to check out the rear pans and longs from below. Oh, and I bought this today. Should be here Friday.
Next up, the EMS 6860 to make all the magic happen.

rick 918-S
Get some shop jackets for your helpers. They will dig helping if they are sporting the swag. Gloves, safety glasses and ear protection and put them to work playing with cars.
abnrdo
Progress has been slow. Purchased my engine from Attarco which was supposed to be a 2002 EZ30 but I was sent a 2005. Now I have to wait another week before the correct engine gets here. Thats ok though, I have other items to work on. Like the modification to the transmission.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Mar 16 2012, 10:44 AM) *

Progress has been slow. Purchased my engine from Attarco which was supposed to be a 2002 EZ30 but I was sent a 2005. Now I have to wait another week before the correct engine gets here. Thats ok though, I have other items to work on. Like the modification to the transmission.

They sent you a EZ30R instead of the EZ30D.....I think I would have kept it.

Whats your plan for locking up the center diff on the Subaru transaxle? Do a google search for Kent Moore tools #498427100. This is the locking sleeve that Subaru dealers use when they service the tranaxles. This and a washer will work the same as the Bremar and Subarugears ones and cost less than half. Or you could cut and weld the diff up.
You can sell your center diff for more than the price of the tool.

Outfrount also sells a set of lazer cut exhaust flanges. Makes it pretty easy to build a exhaust system with them.

Megasquirt III is about finished with the code for both a EZ30R and EZ30D engine this will use the stock 36-2-2-2 relucdtor wheel and the 3 tooth cam signal.
I should have mine running with the EZ30D this weekend.

If you don't have them already, I can send you some links to the Factory service manuals
sawtooth
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 16 2012, 03:24 PM) *

They sent you a EZ30R instead of the EZ30D.....I think I would have kept it.

But that's not an R, look at the intake...
BIGKAT_83

Progress has been slow. Purchased my engine from Attarco which was supposed to be a 2002 EZ30 but I was sent a 2005. Now I have to wait another week before the correct engine gets here.

The engine in the picture is a EZ30D. I think that is a picture from the engine supplier. Look at all the other engines in the background.
sawtooth
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 16 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Progress has been slow. Purchased my engine from Attarco which was supposed to be a 2002 EZ30 but I was sent a 2005. Now I have to wait another week before the correct engine gets here.

The engine in the picture is a EZ30D. I think that is a picture from the engine supplier. Look at all the other engines in the background.

Good point, didn't think about it being different than the pic.
abnrdo
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Feb 21 2012, 08:28 PM) *

Poked around the hell hole. NO holes except for one in the firewall right behind the passengers seat. I know I need a photo. I need to get under the car to check out the rear pans and longs from below. Oh, and I bought this today. Should be here Friday.
Next up, the EMS 6860 to make all the magic happen.

This was supposed to be the engine they sold to me. I ended up with a 2005 with VVT.
I didnt want the hassle. Also, my local Subaru dealer said you can get way more horsepower and performance out of the older 3.0.

Thanks Bigkat and Sawtooth, you guys inspire me to keep going!

abnrdo
Do you think this part will be as strong as the Bremar spool?

sawtooth
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 16 2012, 03:24 PM) *

Do a google search for Kent Moore tools #498427100. This is the locking sleeve...

Wow, that is a great find. Wish I would have had known about this when I built mine.
BIGKAT_83
abnrdo..... I see that you are in the Kansas City area, There is another 914 subaru H-6 conversion being built there now. I suspect that his will be super nice. I've seen some of his other work and it makes me want to throw rocks at my stuff.

Maybe he will chime in....

Bob
abnrdo
Hmmm I only know of three people close to me. Only met one of them in person.
I gave him my old transmission out of my teener, and sold him Sawtooths gauges that I bought at one time. I know...going a different direction than stock.

idea.gif

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Mar 17 2012, 07:22 PM) *

abnrdo..... I see that you are in the Kansas City area, There is another 914 subaru H-6 conversion being built there now. I suspect that his will be super nice. I've seen some of his other work and it makes me want to throw rocks and my stuff.

Maybe he will chime in....

Bob

abnrdo
Still collecting parts. Engine should be here Monday. icon_bump.gif

abnrdo
Second time around, engine shows up damaged. mad.gif
Company says they wont refund my shipping.
abnrdo
Well just under 15 days left till I return home. I need to try and get my shipping money back that I paid to the engine supplier.
abnrdo
No progress. Waiting for a house to sell. I have the transmission apart to inspect, clean and fab some parts. Transmission looks brand new on the inside. I will add photos in a few.

Still no engine. After my run in with Attarco, I have put it off until our second home sells.
tscrihfield
I saw the C130s... What do you do? Where we're you?

Thomas
abnrdo
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Feb 12 2013, 08:16 PM) *

I saw the C130s... What do you do? Where we're you?

Thomas

Thomas,

That is Bastion Airfield. Helmand Afghanistan. I am in the intelligence business.

shades.gif
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
abnrdo
My wife bought a new 914 for me! smilie_pokal.gif
abnrdo
After a long break. I started back working on the car. Removed the longs today. The photos were taken with my phone.

abnrdo
No soft spots, just some very minor surface stuff, nothing bad. biggrin.gif

Eric_Shea
Welcome back. Looks like a solid one.
abnrdo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 18 2014, 06:47 PM) *

Welcome back. Looks like a solid one.

Thanks Eric! Going to look at a 72 today. I will post pics a bit later.

abnrdo
Well, another break in the action due to me falling down the back steps and breaking my ribs.
Here is a shot of the drivers side long.
abnrdo
Does anyone know what this box is? I dont recall seeing one in a 914 before.
abnrdo
Well look what showed up today!

2mAn
keep it up, the shell looks pretty solid so far! glad you finally got an engine
76-914
icon_bump.gif Just wanted to be sure that you weren't goofing off. happy11.gif
abnrdo
I need a larger garage!
abnrdo
Bought a front bumper. Still collecting parts. Flywheel, clutch, starter, pedals......

Seat inserts from 914rubber???
JRust
Wow hello again! Good to see you back at it. Keep it up bud they are just so much fun to drive. Get someone close to give you a ride now & then. Help with the motivation biggrin.gif
busyguyfish
Bigkat83 have you or another you know used that kent moore spool lock sleeve?? If so I too well order one or two up for my cars.

Thanks
Steve
76-914
piratenanner.gif Glad to see your project hasn't stalled. Your going to love that 3.0. PM me if you "hit a bump" in the conversion road. beerchug.gif Kent
abnrdo
Moving day.
Lots of changes in the past few years.
Going to be in the panhandle of.Florida.
aggiezig
Looking forward to seeing some updates when you get settled after your move. I'll be moving my 914 project as well this Fall... not looking forward to it confused24.gif
76-914
QUOTE(abnrdo @ May 11 2018, 12:58 PM) *

Moving day.
Lots of changes in the past few years.
Going to be in the panhandle of.Florida.

Let's get that car running. I've put over 11,000 on my conversion and enjoyed the Hell out of every mile. Where are you at with the conversion, presently? beerchug.gif
abnrdo
Making progress again. Cutting holes for radiator and making room for backdated bumpers.
Cairo94507
Great to see progress- has to feel good. beerchug.gif
abnrdo
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 15 2021, 09:11 AM) *

Great to see progress- has to feel good. beerchug.gif

She will be up on the rotisserie soon for blastin.
Jett
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Jan 31 2012, 11:25 AM) *

Not much work done in the past year. With all my trips overseas, and one pending we will see how far we get. I would love to have the car on the road to drive when I get back. No interior, and work to be done on the rear pan half. Thats the worst of it so far.....

Great color and happy children smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.