Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stuck on freeway-Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefool
Guess what? Surprise! I jumped the relay with a different wire...just drove it home. POS Schuck's accessory switch was no good....

At least it didn't cost me anything!
About time.

Installing massive "Frankenstein lab" knife switch tonight...

"Throw the fuel pump switch!!"

"No, master! Not the FUEL PUMP SWITCH!!!"

"THROW IT!"

zzZZZAP!!

"HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! IT....IS.....ALIVE!!!!!!"

Vrrooom.. vrOOOOOOMMMM...

"Open the garage doors, Igor!"

"No, Master! Not THE GARAGE...Oh, wait. The garage door. Sure."

FrankenTeener makes it halfway to the village when the car dies again, due to a totally unrelated ignition problem......

FADE TO BLACK

Thanks for all your help, guys- I'll keep all those numbers handy... (what? NEXT TIME?)...

Hey gang,
Teener died, (fuel pump AGAIN) coming through Kirkland on 405 S.
Need a shop in Kirkland, or a safe place to have it towed- any friendly port is welcome!
I think I can get it fixed and home, but want an option just in case....

Must be Monday.
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
SLITS
Don't live anywhere near there, but did a search on MSN - came up with zilch 'cept for Bow Wow Auto Parts (VW & such). Wish you luck or hope you have an AAA Card.
Joe Bob
Don't know how far awaya Lakeland is...John Walker is a 356-911 guru.....

edit...
sorry 266 miles. Maybe he can get a pump to ya via Greyhound bus or something.
rhodyguy
a reply just for the girl factor. walkers is on the seattle side and no longer works on 914's. there are a few shops on the east side but the cost won't be much more to have it towed home. 405 is a nightmare in the am. as bad a road as there is in the puget sound area.

kevin
porschefool
Yeah, 405 is a ton of fun. I think I'll have it towed home.
Piece of shit.
Bleyseng
Fordal Motorsports is in Redmond and knows 914s....
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 30 2004, 07:57 AM)
Fordal Motorsports is in Redmond and knows 914s....

Fordal doesn't really do work on stock cars. He is pretty busy with race cars. If you need a local shop, Chris's German Auto would be the place to go. Chris Powell is a good man and will take care of your 914.

He is off of the 124th St exit when you hop on 520 from I-405.

I would say tow it to my shop, but it is in Marysville and I have too many cars that still need to get done.

Good luck! Probably just a bad relay or loose conection or something? Need a fuel pump? I have one from a running FI car if you need it.
porschefool
Don't think it's the actual pump, the problem I've been having is the control signal. I put a switched/fused jumper in to DIRECTLY short pins 30/87 on pump relay, which worked all weekend as I was testing it, of course.
Stupid me, I didn't load up the trunk with tools/extra wiring/etc.
mad.gif
porschefool
Now that I think of it, it may be the connections to the pump. Got hot/came loose? Was tight when I checked it awhile back...
If only I had a tow truck following me around wherever I went...
(am I alone in thinking that?) wink.gif
Root_Werks
Funny, no I don't think you are alone with your tow truck thoughts. When I was getting this last 914-6 conversion on the road, I baby stepped it. Just taking it around the block, then to the store and finally onto the freeway for a short 4 mile trip. Sure enough, the brand new fuel pump died. It got dark by the time I figured it out, towed it home. Embarassing and coslty. But it happens. Dang, the last time I had a car towed was back in 1996 I think? Also a 914. wink.gif
porschefool
How's the /6 comin' along, anyway? Haven't scratch that purty paint job yet, have you?
biggrin.gif
Rhodes71/914
I learned from owning vw's ( and isn't a 914 with a type IV engine a vw with a little performance) that you never leave home without some basic tools.
And definetely have a AAA card.
airkewl
You are not very far from Redmond European, which is in Redmond (go East on 908/85th which is the main Kirkland exit). Call Monty: (425) 376-2655
Redmond European
18014 REDMOND WAY # C25
REDMOND, WA

Tony
BatAc
I know a couple of places in Seattle in you want to bring it to the westside. Let me know. Although I'd hate to see ya' get stranded on the floating bridge.
BatAc
Oh, I see your in Monroe. How 'bout Roots he's in Marysville.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(airkewl @ Aug 30 2004, 11:40 AM)
You are not very far from Redmond European, which is in Redmond (go East on 908/85th which is the main Kirkland exit). Call Monty: (425) 376-2655
Redmond European
18014 REDMOND WAY # C25
REDMOND, WA

Tony

Damn nice looking car Tony, me likes! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(porschefool @ Aug 30 2004, 08:46 AM)
How's the /6 comin' along, anyway? Haven't scratch that purty paint job yet, have you?
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, it's a driver so there are a few paint chips already from the Whislter trip. I just posted some pics on a "Whistler 2004" thread. Check them out, the 914 did awesome! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.