Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB wheel dollies on the cheep
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
chuckc
Anyone have wheel dollies or equivalent solution that they aren't using anymore and want to get rid of?

peace,
Chuck
cpfoster
QUOTE(chuckc @ Jan 29 2012, 06:57 PM) *

Anyone have wheel dollies or equivalent solution that they aren't using anymore and want to get rid of?

peace,
Chuck

Chuck - If you don't have any luck try Harbour Freight. They've got moving dollies, caster wheels, etc and they're cheap!
bozo914
Using the 14" X 14" from Harbor Freight - are $7.00 w/ coupon and have 750 or 1000 lb capacity each. Makes the car real easy to move
Rand
QUOTE(bozo914 @ Jan 30 2012, 10:03 AM) *

Using the 14" X 14" from Harbor Freight - are $7.00 w/ coupon and have 750 or 1000 lb capacity each. Makes the car real easy to move

I thought he was talking about something like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-vehic...lies-67511.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capac...olly-67287.html

Can you post a link/example of what you are referring to that's $7.00?
jonferns
Bought 4 of these from Home Depot, $9 each. Wheel fits right inside, car rolls easily around the garage.

Click to view attachment
chuckc
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Jan 30 2012, 07:11 PM) *

Bought 4 of these from Home Depot, $9 each. Wheel fits right inside, car rolls easily around the garage.

Click to view attachment

wow! what size are your tires?
JRust
They have that dolly but the small version. It's like 18"x12" & is perfect for using under a 914. I have like a dozen of them & use them all the time. For sliding it around a nice smooth floor it is great. The tires sit really nice on there
jonferns
205/60's on 15" Fuchs. The dollies I bought are actually a bit smaller, but same style; should've mentioned that.
wes
agree.gif the wood dollys are also great for moving the engine when you pull it and trany out from under the car!
euro911
agree.gif

I have 20 or so of those dollies ... HF claims they have a 1000 lb capacity.

Great for engines, trannys, stacks of tires ... you name it smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.