Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Pictures of Red 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I'm looking for good pictures of three different 914 colors:
Bahia Red
Guards Red
Phoenix Red

I'm deciding on a color and would like to see some pictures of these colors. I went to the 914 color site and the pics are not real clean. I've painted my last two cars yellow and have decided that this one will be Red. I've always been told that yellow cars are faster, but red cars get the girls! biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Randy
tod914
Guards Red wasn't a 914 color. Bahia is the nicest of the 3. Phoenix, although very nice, appears to be more of a orange. The car below is Bahia red.
1bad914
Thanks Tod! I know Guards is not a 914 color, but it is at least Porsche! The Phoenx is very orange, but is interesting!

Randy
GTeener
How about 356 Ruby Red?
Ferg
non porsche I know, 88 corvette red, my old car...
seanery
gwen, that's not ruby red.
MartyYeoman
I think it's called rusty red.
GTeener
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 30 2004, 11:07 AM)
gwen, that's not ruby red.

I could have sworn that's what Cap'n Krusty said it was when I bought it from him...

What color is it then?
rey
w00t.gif WOW that ruby red 914 with SC flairs looks Sweet cool.gif
seanery
gwen,
I may be wrong. My 356 was ruby red from the factory, but had been repainted a guard's red in the 80s.
This is the color I see as ruby red:
IPB Image

This is the same car though:
IPB Image
and another:
IPB Image

so, now I'm confused. confused24.gif
SirAndy
mine is guards red, i love that color ... wub.gif

boldblue.gif Andy

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Andyrew
Phoenix red is orange.

Simular to this BBS orange. with a tint of red....
GTeener
I dunno. I'm just telling ya'll what I was told. I haven't repainted her yet, though parts could definitely use it!

I used to have a '61 MGA that was painted Guards Red and it looked orangey.

Lighting and monitor color calibration can confuse though wacko.gif
aircooledboy
agree.gif

Trying to judge colors based on something you see on the net is a bad idea. Monitor calibration and different video cards can make the same picture on two different computers look completely different, even in the best of circumstances.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Aug 30 2004, 03:19 PM)
Trying to judge colors based on something you see on the net is a bad idea. Monitor calibration and different video cards can make the same picture on two different computers look completely different, even in the best of circumstances.

agree.gif
Best to play it safe and go with the best 914 red: Malaga!
GTeener
QUOTE(rey @ Aug 30 2004, 11:21 AM)
w00t.gif WOW that ruby red 914 with SC flairs looks Sweet cool.gif

Thanks!

I like it too wub.gif
Levi
This Isn't my car, its one I have saved for my screen saver....but it is a Phoenix Red car.
I hope my Phoenix Red 74 2.0 car looks this good one day
beerchug.gif
tommy914
Here's my Bahia Red.
Originally it was a deeper red. On my second repaint it ended up a little more orange. Not sure why.
tommy914
Same paint job as previous post, but looks much redder here. So you really can't judge by these digital pics.
tod914
Nice looking cars guys. Andy, I like the way you intergrated the bumper into the body. Looks great.
72914S
Here is my Guards red (a.k.a ticket red) They say yellow is faster but RED looks fast just sitting there.
1bad914
Thanks everybody, I use this as a guide, I pick a few colors and go to my paint supplier, he mixes up a few ounces of each and I spray them on color cards, a coat of clear laid on a little thick and you get the idea. I started doing that after I painted a 914 polar silver and hated it. I painted it silver on Saturday, looked at it for two days and sanded it all of and painted it New Beetle Yellow the next Saturday. I won't do that again. Plus I have all these cool little cans of 914 paint samples. I think I'm leaning toward Bahia, partially based on this thread and this picture...daddy likes!!! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.