Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Cookie Cutter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I want to make a cookie cutter. I assume that copper is my best choice. Where can I get a small sheet of it?

thanks!
Joe Ricard
5 lug cookie cutters are cast aluminum lol2.gif

Seriously I have seen some cool cookie cutters bent out of thin aluminum with a band type handle riveted or even welded to the sides.

Copper? Hmm tougher to find except online can't remember seeing copper sheet @ Lowes Copper tubing figure out how to split it. or band saw in half length wise???
pray.gif
bondo
Why would you want to make them? I got a set of 7" wide cookie cutters for $200 at dunkels...

Seriously though, I don't think you'd want to use copper, it tarnishes easily, and there has been some controversy regarding the possible toxicity of copper... What about using stainless steel and stainless pop rivets to hold it together?
seanery
I've seen tons of copper cookie cutters. Copper bends easily and I can solder it quickly, too.
Joe Ricard
Copper bends easy!!! w00t.gif Thats why Fuchs are forged Aluminum

What a bunch of smart asses today. or dumb ass depends on which side of the fence you are on. cool_shades.gif
bondo
I hope you at least use lead free solder smile.gif Our local ace hardware has sheets of brass, copper and tin, in something like 5x12" sheets wrapped in plastic. If you can't find it at a hardware store, try a hobby shop.
peridotian
On the web www.mcmastercarr.com

Great selection of metals, plastics, screws etc.
TimT
On the web www.mcmastercarr.com

agree.gif werd

I love the Mcmaster Carr catalog.. on slow days at work I can get lost in it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.