Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whistler Weekend 2004
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Root_Werks
Well, my "quick 6" made it to Canada and back with only one small failure, the voltage regualtor. I ran on the battery the entire drive home with traffice some 5 hours. I am completely sold on Optima batteries now! smile.gif As if I wasn't before. wink.gif

Remember this 914 was a 914 1.7 just 2 weeks before this trip. I only spent 2 weeks converting this to a 914-6 2.2. The first pic is of my two most favorite things, my wife and my 914 in that order the morning of the 20th.
Root_Werks
A few shots from Lynden just a little south of the Canadian border. The PNWR/PCA club stopped off there for lunch. This one is my Wife sitting at the gas station. Oh, the 914 got really good mileage. I would say low 20's. We ran the trip on one tank of gas filling it up on our way back into the USA!
Root_Werks
Hey wait a minute, these don't look like 914's to me? <_<
Root_Werks
Somewhere just off of hwy99 in CA was a quick stop for rest and Ice Cream drooley.gif Mmmmmmmm, Ice Cream.

If you havent guessed, yeah, we had the only 914 on the drive up to Whislter. It doesn't get much better when we get there either. sad.gif
Root_Werks
When up in Whistler (place rocks), there were 3 other 914's all 914-4's and very nice cars. All three entered the concours lite. I had a chance to meet 2 of the owners, but missed the owner of the middle 914. The painted bumper (red) one was an early 914 with a 2.5 and flared rear fenders. The flares were the stock fender stretch type and looked great. No doubt would have blown the doors off of my 914-6 on a road course. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
They even let me stick my car out there, but I didn't enter it of course.
Root_Werks
Last one I have from my high quality cerial box dig camera. My Wife and I took a Gondula ride up the side of the mountian to 1825M I think it was? All in all, this was the second year we went and just loved it. Lots of fun and plenty to do in a weekend. Lots of great people too. biggrin.gif

Out of 133 Porsche's registered for this event, only 4 were 914's, the three pictured and mine of course. Rest assured, we have rare cars that will become nothing less than collectable with time. I have noticed over the past few years less 914's seem to attend. I am not sure if people are keeping them in garages or they are loosing there place on the road? Either way, I would have loved to see more 914's. Seemed like 1/2 the 986 owners barely understood thier car was a mid engine. rolleyes.gif Oh well, there were a few early 911 folks to talk to too. laugh.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 30 2004, 12:01 PM)
I have noticed over the past few years less 914's seem to attend. I am not sure if people are keeping them in garages or they are loosing there place on the road? Either way, I would have loved to see more 914's.

this the first i've really heard of the event, and with 130+ cars entered, i bet registration closed a long time ago...

i spent 2 wks in Whistler a couple of years ago and had a ball; great place!

so next year, when the event registration opens, LET US KNOW! post a note!

i'm not trying to unload on you but this is the 3rd of 4th time THIS WEEK i've heard of an event report where someone said "great event, all the event regulars had a ball, wish there were new people" for an event or gathering that had (as near as i can tell) very little advance publicity outside the group of people who've attended in the past.

okay - so Whistler's pretty far for me and i probably wasn't going to be a contender for attending THIS event THIS year. but if you can create interest in an event, people will look forward to attending some of these events Some Day.

(BTW - pretty car!)
Root_Werks
You are right, I have seen the same thing before myself..... And I haven't been on the list that long either. I will be sure to post events that I plan on attending. It would be nice to have some 914clubers to talk to. smile.gif
red914
great car, and great pictures! thanks for posting those.

did your conversion raise any interest among the boxter/ 9-eleben crowd?
GWN7
Info on the event can be found HERE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.