Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 2.0L + Trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Not far from my house there is a house and shop that had sitting outside two cars under tarps that had the distinct lines of a 914. Always wanted to stop and talk to the guy but didn't until today. Come to find out he has 4 of them, various years and condition. confused24.gif

Anyway turns out he is doing a v8 conversion on a 75 that had a 2.0L in it. He says that it was running when he took it out. He will sell the motor and tranny for $500. Seems like a fair price, what do ya think.

I currently have a '71 with a 1.7, with the tail shifter. Would be nice to change to the 2.0L and I get the side shift tranny to boot. rocking nana.gif
dinomium
I'd say get it before James does! biggrin.gif
try to get the shift linkage and bar too
brant
If it actually is a runner, it is a very good price...
ask for all the Fuel injection components including ECU...

b
Gint
Those are core prices more or less.

Snag it fast.
Red-Beard
not interested...I'm selling my stock. The only problem is they are cores. You will still need to open up the tranny and repair as needed. Use your tail shifter as a doner.

Get the shift linkage and the gear selector too and the engine bar so that you have the parts for the sideshift conversion.

James
Dr Evil
And the engine bar end mounts. The side shif tones are metal, not rubber.
morph
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 30 2004, 01:47 PM)

funny dino laugh.gif i am leaving for lapine south of bend for a vacation. im leaving thurs the 2nd where are these cars at ????.i wouldnt mind looking at them,"buying what ever he has left" wink.gif no really my wife would kill me if i turned this vacation into a porsche hunt.but ya got me curious what kinda condition there in
and if you dont wanna buy that motor ill buy it btw
SLITS
Sean,

The heads are worth $200 each and the crank/rods $100, you do the math.

For the sideshift, you need the shifter, front bar, rear bar, late engine mount, late engine mount body ends and an oversize bushing for the firewall (PP or ?).

It's a good deal - grab it - you'll love the 2.0 over the 1.7 (there goes your budget).

Since it's a smog model, you'll have to plug the air injection holes in the heads as I'm sure your not going to run the smog pump biggrin.gif
Rhodes71/914
i am leaving for lapine south of bend for a vacation

must be an exciting vacation or are you a bowhunter? Lots of guys in camo around La Pine these days. ar15.gif
wouldnt mind looking at them,"buying what ever he has left"

He is not getting rid of anything just kind of a collector if he finds cheap deals. One interesting comment that he did make was "there are some other cars (914's) stashed in the woods around here that people have left." Of course he wouldn't say exaclty where. unsure.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Aug 31 2004, 09:11 AM)
One interesting comment that he did make was "there are some other cars (914's) stashed in the woods around here that people have left." Of course he wouldn't say exaclty where. unsure.gif

Snipe hunt anyone? Sounds like something Miles would say laugh.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Aug 30 2004, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 30 2004, 01:47 PM)

... no really my wife would kill me if i turned this vacation into a porsche hunt.but ya got me curious what kinda condition there in
and if you dont wanna buy that motor ill buy it btw

After you made her sit in the Truck at Walker's swap meet you are lucky she will travel anywhere with you! wink.gif

I still think 500 for both is a good deal. John Walker buys the old cruddie trans for a hundred bucks cash!
morph
made her sit in the truck ? hardly dino
lol
she wanted to sit in the truck if you knew my wife she does what she wants to. lol
it was a porsche swap meet she dont really care about parts ,if there was complete cars around she woulda walked around and looked at them.
Rhodes71/914
Checked out the engine and it sits just like it was pulled out of the car. Everything is there, fuel injection, ecu, harness, all the tin, rear bar.

Looks like I am going to buy the engine. The guy is even going to bring to my house and put it in m garage. How cool is that.

Turns out he has 6 914's and said he is willing to sell stuff that I might need. A little Porsche used parts yard right down the street.

clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.