Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Big Thank You
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Hello all,
This may be SOT, but I wanted to take a minute to thank several members for their contributions to my project so far. T.C. Davis (carr914) has given me several key components from pedals to just plain advice, which I am very appreciative of. Rob Watson (watsonrx13) cut me a great deal on heater parts and a nice gas tank! Mark Cross (76911s) went wayyyy out of his way to cut out a center firewall section as well as seat mounts, and several other parts in the SNOW. Can't wait to get those pieces in! Bruce Stone (bdstone914) gave me a great price on a passenger suspension console and engine mount which are going in this weekend. Les (blitz) sent me a used backpad for cheap which I will recover at some point and install. Thomas (tscrihfield) cut me a great deal on heater cables and controls, again greatly appreciated. Mike (schantzMD) sent me a 19mm MC in great shape. Rich Dauenhauer (rdauenhauer) sent me some useful headlight parts. Alan Gibson (agibson) brought me some CV parts all the way from Arizona! Jim Kelly (jimkelly) sent me a timing hole plug for free! Martin (THE STIG) sent a complete front sway bar assembly. David (Harpo) sent me new pedal covers and an accel. pedal too. I'm sure I'm missing a couple people but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me out. All of these members shipped the parts quickly and as cheaply as possible, making my life much easier. I would highly recommend anyone purchase from them in the future.

I'd also like to thank everyone else for all of the advice and help you've given this newbie, not to mention putting up with all of my B.S. Thank you all! beerchug.gif

-George
ThePaintedMan
Also wanted to thank Mark (mikey914) at 914rubber.com. The car is almost back together and it would be a shame to to let it all rust away again without the proper seals. Truly this guy loves what he does and makes a great product for us all to enjoy. I can't wait to do just that!
Mikey914
Thanks George,

We all play together well - at least most of the time.

We have a real community here, even though we all are from different walks of life, it's amazing how the commonality of these cars draws us all together.
carr914
No Problem Dude

A lot of us like to Pay It Forward

For some us when we started the only ones to help were Porsche & AA, and they wanted every last Cent you had!
Series9
Yep, this is an amazing group.

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
This is why I can't wait for some drunk.gif at Sebring and the ramble in Aug!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.