Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screwed that one up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Got new WEB 86a cam. removed cam gear from stock worn out cam. Things went pretty good till the gear cam off and I realized there ain't no marks to tell where the gear goes in relation to the cam..... headbang.gif

Oh yea got to drill bigger holes figured that out. and spot face the gear for the nuts to fit flush.

How to line up the gear to cam is the dumbass question of the day. alfred.gif
Tom Perso
If you have an old cam lying around, just hold the old cam with the dot facing up... Then, hold up your other cam gear (dot up as well) and orient the cam until the lobes match up the order of the old cam...

It works.

Tom
Joe Ricard
I was hoping that wouldn't be the only option. Yes I have a cam but it is in a 2.0L long block right now. How about a picture of the gear and cam lobe orientation. Come ya'll hook a brother up.

EVEN a sketch.
redshift
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 31 2004, 08:15 AM)
EVEN a sketch.

Oh dear...
balljoint
That sketch is beautiful, and "oh dear" is right. I need to wipe the tears from my eyes. That is funny.
Joe Ricard
OMG I almost sprayed tuna salad sandwich all over the screen and my desk finger.gif I guess I asked for that. This means I will be tearing down my other motor to fix the one I got apart. headbang.gif

If I ever said you guys rock.... Well I take it back. <_<
watsonrx13
Hey Joe, if the hurricane doesn't effect our plans for Biloxi, I can't wait to see the progress on the engine this weekend... biggrin.gif
WoMBaT
LMFAO!!!! lol3.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Ya I can't wait to see how the engine is coming too... biggrin.gif

Good news is the heads are done. Got to put my hands on them today. Can't believe the red neck machinst don't take plastic. Just have to port match and assemble. They were so dirty that I couldn't see one of the exhaust rings. It is still stuck in there but all shiny now.

Time to burn some of that midnight oil.

Positive thought about that storm
Aaron Cox
OMG laugh.gif lmao lol2.gif pray.gif
Joe Ricard
I still can't believe the artistry resident here on the board. I have showed all the co-workers near me. Redshift you are now famous. Does this make you one of the other two groups of people now? slap.gif

Glad ya'll are getting a laugh at my expense.. Just here to help all ya'll get through the dreary work day. beer.gif
Root_Werks
LMAO!

laugh.gif
redshift
I could draw something else, if you don't like that.

sad.gif

Hey folks, there is a picture of a cam... is it a Web... hmm... online, used as promotion, and I think it shows the gear end of the thing... sound familiar?

I go look Joe, maybe find something that can really help..

clap56.gif

M
redshift
LMAO!

Don't DO THIS

Google Web Cam Pictures... DUH!

lmaolmaolmaolmao

brb

M
redshift
it only gets worse if you add....

shaft

uhhhg.... Zois, at least put a sock on it, and stop shaving your pubes like a heart..

Anyhow, no joy... I am sure some asshole... maybe SLITS, or mikez have a picture they could make..

I could tear my engine down, but it's looking like the storm is either you, or me.... 50-50..

You take this one, I don't need it.

M
SLITS
If you need an image of a cam with gear, I'll image it and send you the link. They screwed up our server service so I am a week away from being able to post images.

Maybe I should hire Miles - he needs to get out of GA for a while; he's beginning to scare me. rolleyes.gif he's starting to believe he's human and not just the crackerboy we know and love finger.gif
Joe Ricard
Ya I'm all oveer that. Web cam ... Shaft

Ha HA HA ah ah ah shit
redshift
good god dood,

I just saw wee willy winkey sr.

do not.... do not click this with all of your might... no, don't...

Damn Joe, looks like it has a couple extra lobes, and I don't see a dot... wait, if you look reeeeal close..

icon8.gif

ner'mind..

m
redshift
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 31 2004, 05:14 PM)
Maybe I should hire Miles - he needs to get out of GA for a while; he's beginning to scare me. rolleyes.gif he's starting to believe he's human and not just the crackerboy we know and love finger.gif

Hire me to drive around delivering parts to Venice, I dare you.

Today, in Venice Beach, a disenfranchised cracker drove a truck load of crazy glue into a local business...

M
seanery
It's nice to see you're truly back miles!

IPB Image
redshift
smile.gif

Nervous energy.

I keep getting a timeout searching the forum, all of a sudden, and sending PMs..

mad.gif

agree.gif

Me too.

M
SLITS
******Hi Jack In Progress Warning*******

"Way down yonder in land of goobers,
Miles sit and plays with his tubers,
Pickin' goobers outta his nose.

Says they're really delicious,
Taste like pralines I'm suspicious,
He's been sniffin to much glue.

Says he comin west,
Just to fight with the best,
John at Otto's is a poor game.

Maybe he should stay at home,
Continue playin with his bone,
Lest his left hand turn to stone.

But we all love him anyway,
Aaron says turn your back my way,
I've got a gallon of K Why.

So it seems this song I'll end,
I must get ready my backend,
An assault from the South to defend."

**note: sing to the tune of "Plastic Jesus" - kinda

****End Hijack, begin lojack"
Toast
rock_band.gif tunez.gif aktion035.gif
redshift
I have been immortalitizized.

cool_shades.gif <---hollywood asshole now?

M
swood
blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.