Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weight of stock seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DerekKim
Hi. I'm looking at the weight of the stock seats. I'm looking into aftermarket to see how much weight I'll save. So I can chair.gif those rice boys.

Thanks,
Derek
Trekkor
26#'s- complete with rails. ( each )
You can run without the seat cushion and save another 3#'s.

KT
vortrex
shouldn't you get a car first?
Allan
Seats? Jeez, rrmffgh. seats vs weight, gjkdns. wacko.gif
lapuwali
I don't have a scale handy, but I can say you'll likely be hard pressed to find an aftermarket seat that you'll want to sit on for hours, that doesn't cost a zillion dollars, that's lighter than the stock seats. They're very light as OEM seats go.
Allan
agree.gif
drew365
Stock seats are pretty light. Main reason to change them is to get side bolsters to hold you in place. Till I got my Sparco I felt like I was on a bench seat.
DerekKim
Hmm alright thanks all. What about these? http://www.corbeau.com/products/ultra/ultra.shtml Would they fit?
Also. Drew are your Sparco's comfy? If so which kind did you get?
ChrisReale
I think the Corbeau's that 914 people get is the Forza. Not sure how it works with a helmet, I have heard that head room is limited.
drew365
I have a Sparco Rev. I have a 36 in. waist and it's a snug fit, so I highly recommend you sit in what ever seat you're thinking about before you buy. Sparco is really a track seat, there's probably better choices for spirited street driving.
DerekKim
Hmm I don't think I'll get big into racing with it but thanks for the heads up. forza you say eh? The other thing I was worried about is the height of some seats.
Randal
Corbeau's that 914 people get is the Forza

I bolted them in along with the stock rails. There was an adapter kit that went with the seats.

I'm 6' and I couldn't get in the car with the top on. Maybe with the rails removed they would work for a taller person.
DerekKim
Alright. Does anyone here have experience with fixed seats that are comfy. Comfy as in as good as it gets for a 2k road trip or 40 miles a day commute. I may leave em stock since I won't be racing though and get em reupholstered(sp?).
Jeroen
No offense to people who have the Forza seats, but IMO those are absolute crap (just like any other T-frame seat out there)

Get a f/g shell seat.

Those are actually very comfy (better than any stock seat in any car I've ever had) and sitting in them for long stints is no problem what so ever.
You just need to adjust the angle so you're upper legs (just above the knee) are propperly supported (another good reason to get a seat with side mounts)

The only downside of these seats is getting in and out of the car (because of the higher side bolsters), but you'll get used to that fast enough biggrin.gif

Oh... and don't order any of those seats unless you've actually sat in one.
Many different brands/types and sizes to choose from. Pick one that fits your size
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.