Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Air Flaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MikeSpraggi
I have an early car without the air deflector flaps that are found on the newer cars just in front of the engine mounted on the lower firewall beneath the car. Need to cool my little screamer. Looking for a pair.
914LIVE
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Jan 31 2012, 09:47 PM) *

I have an early car without the air deflector flaps that are found on the newer cars just in front of the engine mounted on the lower firewall beneath the car. Need to cool my little screamer. Looking for a pair.

=====================================================

I will look for a pair.

Thank you, TOMAS.

=====================================================
SUNAB914
Pretty sure I have one for sale, not sure which side. let me know if you need it.
euro911
They're identical.
914werke
like these? smile.gif

euro911
Those look nice smile.gif

I scrubbed and scrubbed mine to get most of the crud and undercoating over-spray off of them, but they still didn't come out as clean as those dry.gif

Oh well, hardly anybody is ever going to see them anyway.
MikeM
Rich...are those bolts or rivets that hold those things on?
Mike
Cairo94507
I need a pair of those for my six.
pilothyer
QUOTE(MikeM @ Feb 1 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Mike

I'm not Rich.......But they are bolts (Small)
914werke
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Feb 1 2012, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(MikeM @ Feb 1 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Mike

I'm not Rich.......But they are bolts (Small)

Yup one pair left , 8mm to be specific. smile.gif
MikeM
Thanks folks...I have a pair waiting to be installed and was wondering how they attach.Now I know...
Mike
Cairo94507
rdauenhauer- I will take the one pair that is left if no one else already got them. I will send you a PM with my info. and you can send me the payment info and I will PP you the money.
Thanks,
Michael
markb
I also have a set I can let go of if somebody needs them.
euro911
QUOTE(MikeM @ Feb 1 2012, 07:13 PM) *
Thanks folks...I have a pair waiting to be installed and was wondering how they attach.Now I know...
Mike
If you have an early car ('70~'71 and possibly '72), you may need to drill the holes to mount them. I plan to install a set on my wife's '71, even though it wouldn't be 'correct' according to CWs.
MikeM
Now that we all have these things with plans to install them, kind of begs the question of whether or not they do anything. What do you guys think?
Mike
SLITS
They create a negative pressure area under the cylinders to pull engine cooling air under the car ... they are definitely effective at doing what they were designed to do.
bdstone914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 2 2012, 08:18 AM) *

They create a negative pressure area under the cylinders to pull engine cooling air under the car ... they are definitely effective at doing what they were designed to do.

And the also made the rear valance shorter to help the hot air exit the rear of the car.
If anyone else needs some I am sure I can round up a pair or two.

Mark is correct that the early cars need holes drilled. I can get the dimensions of the flap placement if anyone needs it.

Bruce
oldschool
$$$$$$ rolleyes.gif
luskesq
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 2 2012, 09:02 AM) *

$$$$$$ rolleyes.gif

I might have an interest in a set as well depending on $$$$. Information on correct placement would be most helpful for us owners of early '14's.

Keith
euro911
Poor pic, but this should give you a good idea on their placement confused24.gif

I'll take a better pic at the shop and post it later today

IPB Image
jimkelly
see - there is an upside to having a 914 on jack stands : )

euro911
Thanks, Jim.

Not only do I not need to take & post additional pix, but your pix reminded me to get some new hose clamps for the emergency brake cables! (PO had 'Ty-Wrapped' mine in place) slap.gif

beerchug.gif
7TPorsh
Would any pair of cut and curved aluminum work?
euro911
Absolutely Not!!!

It's made from a special plastic that VW/PORSCHE developed specifically for air-cooled under-car applications. It has to have the exact dimensions and radius with the special cris-cross webbing on the back for structural support and anticipated wind deflection. Using anything else could destroy your car!!!

shades.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 2 2012, 04:40 PM) *

Absolutely Not!!!

It's made from a special plastic that VW/PORSCHE developed specifically for air-cooled under-car applications. It has to have the exact dimensions and radius with the special cris-cross webbing on the back for structural support and anticipated wind deflection. Using anything else could destroy your car!!!

shades.gif

Would it fall apart slowly, or one big POOF? blowup.gif
Cairo94507
I just bought a set of these for my six- though they are not CW correct for my car, neither will be the 3.2 engine. But I do believe they increase natural cooling ability and let's face it, they are cheap, easy to install and look cool! shades.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 2 2012, 03:40 PM) *

Absolutely Not!!!

shades.gif

hmmm...thought i could smash.gif out a pair. So I guess I'm in the market for a pair. But has to that special German, criss-cross, parabolic curved, plastic ones with the pointed edges.
boxstr
Okay here is a pair that have never seen the underside of a 914. Make me an offer. These are for the CW owner.
Text to 503-799-5794 or email to boxster@me.com
Craig at CAMP
MikeM
very nice.....wish I was a CW.....
saigon71
QUOTE(luskesq @ Feb 2 2012, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 2 2012, 09:02 AM) *

$$$$$$ rolleyes.gif

I might have an interest in a set as well depending on $$$$. Information on correct placement would be most helpful for us owners of early '14's.

Keith

Just went through this...Measurement from the edge of the rear jacking donut sheet metal to the outboard hole in the air dam was 2".

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

JamesM
I could use a couple pair of these for my 72s if anyone has them
euro911
Those flaps are waaaaay too nice for my car, Craig laugh.gif

Maybe they could be used to make a 'Cleanest Undercarriage' trophy for the 2012 WCR first.gif
Rich Bontempi
We have some, if anybody else needs them!

Rich
patrick3000
QUOTE(Rich Bontempi @ Feb 3 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Rich

$$$
Cairo94507
No doubt...$$$$. After everything I have read I am afraid to walk into Rich's shop because I just know he will have stuff I want (kid in a candy store syndrome) and can't afford even though my office is in Redwood City. I don't begrudge him making a living for sure but man some of the prices I have seen posted for parts seem very high. I am sure I will come to my senses and stop in just to gawk at new parts or something one day. smile.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Feb 3 2012, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Rich Bontempi @ Feb 3 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Rich

$$$

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 4 2012, 09:45 AM) *

No doubt...$$$$. After everything I have read I am afraid to walk into Rich's shop because I just know he will have stuff I want (kid in a candy store syndrome) and can't afford even though my office is in Redwood City. I don't begrudge him making a living for sure but man some of the prices I have seen posted for parts seem very high. I am sure I will come to my senses and stop in just to gawk at new parts or something one day. smile.gif

I should have been more specific, what I was asking Rich is how much do you want for the flaps, I could use a set for the 71.
markb
OK boys & girls, what's a fair price for a used set of these?
Cairo94507
$20-$30 depending upon condition. I paid $37.50 delivered and hope they look like new.
boxstr
NOS never mounted still with original Porsche parts stickers. These are for the CW
$50.00 the pair shipped in conus.
Text Craig at 503-799-5794
craig at CAMP
bdstone914

Back when ebay prices were high I sold pairs as high as $57 per set. I would take $20-30 per set.

Bruce
cpavlenko
Ok, where can I get a pair of these defectors for coolig. My Haynes manual shows how to measure for placement. My 71 didn't have them. I would like to put some on the teener. Any advise would b helpful.
boxstr
Checked today with local Porsche dealer and these are NLA.
Craig at CAMP
7TPorsh
I guess Mikey has to start popping these out....I need a pair too....
cpavlenko
got some from Garold Shaffer. It was my first time using pay pal, i hope everything worked. Haven't heard from him yet.
plas76targa
[quote name='saigon71' date='Feb 3 2012, 07:52 AM' post='1617405']
[quote name='luskesq' post='1616676' date='Feb 2 2012, 12:14 PM']
[quote name='oldschool' post='1616670' date='Feb 2 2012, 09:02 AM']
$$$$$$ rolleyes.gif
[/quote]

Keith
[/quote]

Just went through this...Measurement from the edge of the rear jacking donut sheet metal to the outboard hole in the air dam was 2".

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cx[/quote]

Hey Bill, now that you've got that measured I can install the beat up pair I have. That would be an easy victory on the long list of small schtuff to fix.[/quote]
cpavlenko
Got my deflectors today. I'll be installing them tomorrow, with my Haynes manual on hand. Looks like a easy project. I'll post some pictures when complete. Oh, thanks Garold Shaffer for the quick response and shipping of parts. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.