Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car numbering?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
While I am in the painting stage I was wondering...Do I need to paint the white number circles on the doors and hood? If so how big of dia. do you make it. One last thing do I just pick a number for on it? confused24.gif
ArtechnikA
???

if you are trying to replicate a specific factory or historic race car, make it as big as your prototype car.

if you have a current competition number from your sanctioning body, make it as big as necessary to hold the number. or make it as big as you like.

pick a number you like.

914's didn't come from the factory with number circles - they were put on (often at the track...) to the requirements of the race organisers.

if that doesn't answer question,, i have no idea what you were asking...
d914
Gt and others also make vinyl circles and #'s. Not a bad idea for changing #'s or fixing uh oh's
Jeroen
Don't paint them... get vinyl ones
You can remove 'm when they start to bore you biggrin.gif

Typically the #'s are dictated by the racing org you run with
Joe Bob
Vinyl works best....magnetic ones scratch paint and fly off at speed unless 100mileanhour tape is used on the leading edge.

Most race sanctioning bodies assign numbers....more than likely they will asssign different numbers each year or for different classes as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.