Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75, low mile 1.8 FI, mostly original is -
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
chuckc
I almost feel like this is a hostage situation but here it is:

the PO bought the car in KS and shipped it here and is a mechanic in LI who collects old cars. He then lost his storage garage space and had to sell 2 cars, he hadn't even registered it yet. That's how I found it. He did put a larger master cylinder on it, 1 new injector, monza exhaust, and changed some seals. I have gathered parts to do a Suby build but feel a little bad cutting this car up...not so bad that I won't...but bad enough to give her a chance. sawzall-smiley.gif

I've noticed a couple of drops of oil where I park it and since march I've added 1/4 quart, but doesn't smoke or appear to be burning it.

Paint is original color and has had a re-spray, about an 8 out of 10. The car is not concourse, but is very clean.

A rock hit the front windshield when I was driving to PA so there is a chip, hasn't spread yet.

I have logged every mile and day I have driven since I've owned it and love driving it. I've put maybe 2k miles on it and it has less than 80k original (odometer works!)
Never been wrecked, at least not that I can tell; everything is straight and no dimples in crumple zones.

Interior is fine. No cracks in dash. All gauges and electronics work, but the wipers have to be fiddled with and the radio is not original and is junk. A past owner put speakers in the door which are also junk, he also put in an electric rear trunk pop. The seats have some small cracks but all things considered are in good shape.
On the grill the "S" is gold while all the other letters are silver

I know from peeking through the jack hole in the rockers, that the jack points are bad and will need some work, but I haven't taken the rockers off yet. When I was looking at it to buy I took the top off, rolled the windows down, held my thumb over the door gap and put all my weight on the door & felt no flex or movement in the gap. The doors opened and shut with no issues. I felt around under the battery and where that shelf meets the fire wall and couldn't feel any rust. He put it on the lift for me and the floor pans were solid, as were the mounts for the A-arms and as near as I could tell the rear inner console where the trailing arms connect.

The drain hole under the battery was clean. but I did a hole about the circumference of a pencil tucked away; i pushed around it and felt no flaking but can't get a clear view with engine still in.

Rear window rubber on the bottom is bad. Front blinkers are weathered.
It developed a fuel leak up front, I think from it sitting with e85 for a couple of months, and I bought replacement hoses and clamps from Chris at tangerine and plan on fixing it around the 16th of this month at which point it could be driven away.

Trans is side shift and seems to up shift and down shift well through gears with one nuance; from rev to 1st easy. 1st to second easy, but finding first after a complete stop after 2 mins of driving can be tricky, I generally down shift to 1st before stopping and hold the clutch in. Only 914 I've driven so I don't know if that is normal after hear the term S.L.A.P.

That's everything I know about it.

A gentle man from NJ is interested in buying the eng w/fi ,trans and headers if I decide to use it as a conversion car. But he knows I'm on the fence about using this one as a base. He's driving to PA the 16th to hear the eng run and drive around the block before it gets pulled it. After that there is no turning back

I think I can strip out what I don't need and get around 2500 - 3k from those parts and have a good base to work from, but am waffling since its low mile and mostly original.

I need $5,800 to $6,000 for it and I'll buy the green suby build from GA and build on that.

peace,
Chuck
councilc (at) gmail

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
chuckc
took another look at my budget and can do $5800

peace,
Chuck
chuckc
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 1 2012, 08:04 PM) *

peace,
Chuck

Sale ends this Sunday.
Peace,
Chuck biggrin.gif
chuckc
QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 2 2012, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(chuckc @ Feb 1 2012, 08:04 PM) *

peace,
Chuck

Sale ends this Sunday.
Peace,
Chuck biggrin.gif

This is just a feeler, but...

I'm looking at Joes project car to save the 76 and proceed with the jackalope build...but I don't have space for 2 cars in my dad's garage...so...if things work out I could let this one go at $4,800 to save it, move it, and still be on budget with my build.

Caveat being you would have to replace the bad lines...I'd give you the line and clamps for the bottom of the tank (4 feet of 30R9 Rubber Fuel Hose for the fix so the tank would pull easier in the future.)

Anyone interested?

peace,
Chuck
chuckc
Dear diary,
after realising my mancycle was getting the best of me, and checking for a mangina, cheer.gif consulting with my dad, wife, and a little prayer, I've decided to keep my yellow 75 and proceed as planned with the jakalope build. It won't be everybody's cup of tea, and I might royaly screw things up, but with a little patience and hopefully help, I might actually build something I can be proud of and share with my son as he grows.

ps
germans must have really small hands or the 914 was intended for girls because the grip on the stock steering wheel is freekishly tiny...that's gonna have to go.

screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.