Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB chrome rocker panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Black914_4
Do they still make chrome rockers? Any leads? Price?

Cairo94507
I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Chrome rockers.....seriously? Well maybe they will look OK from a certain angle.....
ThePaintedMan
How bout some spinners too? biggrin.gif Sorry, I couldn't resist. I am kind of curious what they look like though. Might be acceptable with the right paint. You could get the steel ones chromed, I'm sure.
underthetire
I thought that too, but on a black car, might look pretty awesome.
flash914
Someone was trying to make stainless ones a while back, polished?
Tom_T
Check with Rich at HPH in the SF Bay Area. He advertizes SS repro rockers on CL every once in awhile.

They can be painted or left shiny, and probably won't ever rust at least! biggrin.gif
Black914_4
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 2 2012, 12:29 AM) *

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Really???

Here's some background and my options:
I have a black car with perfect chrome bumpers and rusty, dented chrome rockers. I am assuming it came stock in all black with chrome front to back. I am repainting her. I was wanting to go "bumble Bee" style to add some color and add yellow front to back along the bottom. I can not paint perfectly good chrome bumpers, I'd be retarded. so.....

1) go back with black and chrome by buying chrome rocker.
2) buy new bumpers and new rocker to paint yellow (& sell chrome ones)
3) buy new rockers or repair mine and paint yellow but keep chrome bumpers
4) paint rockers black and keep chrome bumpers

I'm not sure option 3 will look right.
The wheels do need repainted to match whatever color, Black, Silver, or yellow.
malcolm2
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 2 2012, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 2 2012, 12:29 AM) *

I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

Really???

Here's some background and my options:
I have a black car with perfect chrome bumpers and rusty, dented chrome rockers. I am assuming it came stock in all black with chrome front to back. I am repainting her. I was wanting to go "bumble Bee" style to add some color and add yellow front to back along the bottom. I can not paint perfectly good chrome bumpers, I'd be retarded. so.....

1) go back with black and chrome by buying chrome rocker.
2) buy new bumpers and new rocker to paint yellow (& sell chrome ones)
3) buy new rockers or repair mine and paint yellow but keep chrome bumpers
4) paint rockers black and keep chrome bumpers

I'm not sure option 3 will look right.

The wheels do need repainted to match whatever color, Black, Silver, or yellow.

Drums66
.....I think they could be Fabbed??.....if you find some let us look! idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
OK, I will keep an open mind. It is just that I have seen a 914 with plain SS rockers and it looked odd. But who knows, chrome might look good with the chrome F & R bumpers. But then what about F & R valances?
davep
I had a silver 914 with SS rockers, and it did not look too bad, but with any other paint it would look out of place.
Black914_4
Black and chrome usually goods good. It probably looked good when it was done with chrome front to back. But since they are not readily available I'll just paint them black. Then do a yellow Porsche stripe with yellow wheels.
Thanks all
Cool914
Mine had them when I got it, someone fabbed them I guess. I am switching to black, they are not for me.
my car

QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 3 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Black and chrome usually goods good. It probably looked good when it was done with chrome front to back. But since they are not readily available I'll just paint them black. Then do a yellow Porsche stripe with yellow wheels.
Thanks all

bigkensteele
I have a set of stainless rockers that I would be glad to sell cheap. They could be polished out to shine like chrome without the worries. How about $50 plus shipping. PM me if interested. I can take pics if there is any interest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.