Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass lids
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nein14
Anybody using front & rear latches with fiberglass lids without front stings or rear shocks?
carr914
Me!

You don't want the Front Springs or the Rear Torsion Springs attached as they will put too much tension on your Lids and they will crack or snap
sixnotfour
Depends on the quality of the hoods, some need pins to make em fit.
I have Getty's and stock latches.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(nein14 @ Feb 2 2012, 11:29 AM) *

Anybody using front & rear latches with fiberglass lids without front stings or rear shocks?

Hey! I cant help you on the solution but can any body help me on mine? I have a rear reflector and am comverting it back to lock type as right now I have a wire that hangs down and that is how I open that trunk !!
So does the lock I purchase just hook right up to the catch? or is there a piece in between ? it is on a 71 914-Phil
jmill
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 2 2012, 01:34 PM) *

Depends on the quality of the hoods, some need pins to make em fit.
I have Getty's and stock latches.

agree.gif Me too. It is a PITA holding the hood on your head while you grab stuff. There are air shock kits out there.
EdwardBlume
I use stock latches on FG without springs and they work just fine...

See if you can guess which one...
sixnotfour
GT inspired trunk button smile.gif
racerbvd
I have a glass lid for sale that was on a car with the stock T-bars still connected. Depends on what lid you use (race, nope, street, stock styled, yes)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.