Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We need this for 914's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
OK I'm a bit of a ricer nerd with my toyota echo racer, but this pushes the boundries of santity. All the hassels of a rollbar without the protection! Very cool? Guess this will never catch on with the 914 crowd!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7918406312&rd=1
GWN7
dosen't look like much protection as it's not tied into anything cept sheetmetal..... huh.gif
Mueller
Only Serious Bidders Please . Thank you And Good Luck

makes you want to ask him to list a "serious" item for sale wacko.gif

for anyone that buys one of those, it should be legal to beat them in the head with it for thier stupidity and for wasting resources smash.gif
redshift
I want one in the middle, between the seats.. like a rail in a Handi-Enabled bathroom.

biggrin.gif

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Aug 31 2004, 10:36 PM)
I want one in the middle, between the seats.. like a rail in a Handi-Enabled bathroom.

actually, that's called a

"Petty Bar"

wink.gif Andy
Mueller
sounds like a "potty bar" to me smile.gif
redshift
Potty Bar sounds Dutch.

M
fiid
<cartman> that is soooo weeeeeaaak.... </cartman>
redshift
I hate you guys...

wink.gif

M
Jeroen
Also available in titanium or carbonfiber look - cool!!!

lol2.gif
i love porsche
rice 101

how to make your car look like you have a rollbar, but not actually have one, so you just get added weight and no benefit
Jeroen
and it's gonna be a PITA to get in and out of the car headbang.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Aug 31 2004, 07:45 PM)
OK I'm a bit of a ricer nerd with my toyota echo racer, but this pushes the boundries of santity. All the hassels of a rollbar without the protection! Very cool? Guess this will never catch on with the 914 crowd!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7918406312&rd=1

"This Door Bar is designed to Accent your Vehicle Interior and Give it the Appearance of a Race Roll Cage Usually Installed on Race Cars. Win Extra Points At Car Shows With This Unique Custom Upgrade."

WTF? blink.gif

Now I've seen it all...

Don't tell me you think non-functioning poser crud like this is cool...
balljoint
Forget getting in and out of the car, with those things you are going to have trouble just getting your bag of cheeseburgers at the drive through.

And if you drop your change? Forget it.

Oh man, but what if you are racing home to get to a toilet? Please. Remembering to take off the seatbelt in a moment of urgency is hard enough.

Especially after all those cheeseburgers.

pain30.gif
lapuwali
Same sort of people who buy "style bars", which are bolt-on roll bars for some convertibles (Miatas in particular) which attach to the car with two skinny bolts. They look like a rollbar, but provide about as much protection in a rollover as wearing a baseball cap.

But hey, this is no doubt a must have accessory if you also have a rear wing with positive angle of attack that wobbles over the slightest bump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.