Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 914-6 on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
BajaXJ92
wub.gif

One day....
914brokenfilms
Very nice, matching #s, love the Adriatic blue. Curious to see what it will bring...
Black914_4
All that work and they left the cracked dash in WTF.gif

Looks nice though. I like the blue.
chuckc
my favorite color!
Tom_T
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 3 2012, 11:05 AM) *

All that work and they left the cracked dash in WTF.gif

agree.gif ... and much more is amiss! dry.gif

Anyone seriously considering this car should look at their detailed pix here:
http://www.forzamotorsports.com/1970porsche914-6/default.htm

This looks to me to be a "quickie flash-n-dash & flip" topside only repaint & a carpet/upholstery kits redo all by the PO or this dealer for a quick buck turnaround! sad.gif

Absolutely nothing was touched in the engine bay/drivetrain, underside/underpan, suspension, brakes, etc. & who knows what else!

They didn't even spend a few bucks to replace the F&R Targa top holders in the R trunk, replace cracked/split heater hoses & possibly holes HEs/Exhaust, along with reinstalling that crappy cracked dash top pad they didn't re-glue the delaminating glovebox door's basketweave face & dash face, get correct USA taillight lenses, use correct matching tan fabric on the L&R armrests, and it looks like a cheapie FG spoiler, rockers & shorty rear valance (not even repro porthole/snowplow type) set (PP's or AA's??), and many other detail & originality incorrect items, etc., etc.! mad.gif
- more like what was on, handy & quick-n-cheap to source! dry.gif

With all of this, is it even safe to drive?? confused24.gif
... possibly has old fuel & brake lines, faulty MC & calipers just waiting to stick, etc., etc., etc.???? huh.gif

Proceed with extreme caution & an independent detailed PPI & full mechanical check-out, or don't pay! shades.gif
whatabout1
I seem to remember that this car or 1 much like it was on craigs in that area a few
months back.
pete000
Nice looking car from 10 feet.

I agree, looks like a quick and dirty sell it to Germany for crazy money type of job.

Why is there engine compartment drain tubes ?

Red fan shroud ?
mepstein
I like it. It's pretty.
Cairo94507
I have to agree with Tom T re this car. Looks nice on the exterior in the pictures, I believe, based upon the images, that the rest of the car appears to be untouched. I wouldn't drive it.
carr914
I don't like to rag on Cars F/S, but everything Tom mentioned I thought the same thing!
OU8AVW
Wrong seats too. Should be the stationary passenger set-up. And I don't think that's the right color. And did you see this for $47k?

Click to view attachment
Love the color combo..Rain tubes?? All that $$ spent and no engine compartment paint detail..What do you guys think it will go for??
I think north of 40k to German buyer..
curtis
QUOTE(OU8AVW @ Feb 4 2012, 04:46 AM) *

Wrong seats too. Should be the stationary passenger set-up. And I don't think that's the right color. And did you see this for $47k?

Click to view attachment
According to the COA its the right color and the right engine but evrything else seems a little on the half assed side of things for a factory six thats already at $30k and still not at reserve!
biadad
FYI..IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT THE PRICE IS...THE SELLERS CAN AND DO HAVE THEIR FRIENDS BID UP THE ITEM...THE ONLY TIME IT MATTERS IS WHEN THE RESERVE IS MET OTHERWISE ITS JUST MORE OF THE SAME E-BAY TRICKEY AND B.S.
SirAndy
QUOTE(biadad @ Feb 4 2012, 10:27 AM) *
FYI..IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT THE PRICE IS...THE SELLERS CAN AND DO HAVE THEIR FRIENDS BID UP THE ITEM...THE ONLY TIME IT MATTERS IS WHEN THE RESERVE IS MET OTHERWISE ITS JUST MORE OF THE SAME E-BAY TRICKEY AND B.S.

FYI, your CAPS LOCK key is stuck ...
shades.gif
sixaddict
agree.gif

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 4 2012, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(biadad @ Feb 4 2012, 10:27 AM) *

FYI, your CAPS LOCK key is stuck ...
shades.gif

Black914_4
I don't understand why it's priced so high. New paint and new inteiror.
There are/was other 914's just as "shiny" on ebay for $5k-$10k that didn't even get any bids.
Cairo94507
You did see that it is a real six, right?
Black914_4
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:43 AM) *

Just because its a 6 it goes from $5k to $35k?
even with 113,000 miles?
I'm asking cause I don't know. I bought a DD with a 4 for only $1,500.
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 5 2012, 08:10 AM) *

even with 113,000 miles?

And maybe more.......
sixaddict
I will do the honors of informing the apparent new guy.

914-6s were built in 1970 -71 and a few 72s
They hold a special place in Porsche history and the value is a pretty wide swing.
There is no correlation between a four and a six ....as well las a huge differfnce in running gear.

The six is almost a religion

Check info by going to Auto Atlanta and Excellence in terms of values...Byron just sold one here posted for $6500 although to the uninformed and even others it appeared to be a candidate for not much more than the crusher.
I know many others could site numbers built etc but the "six" to those that know hold a special place in porsche heaven....Kinda like Hemis of old but not so expensive.

People are selling conversons for 20 if that is any indication of their value.

driving.gif

QUOTE(914 @ Feb 5 2012, 08:13 AM) *

even with 113,000 miles?

And maybe more.......
sixaddict
but then again with 248 posts you had to know that
Black914_4
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 5 2012, 03:11 PM) *

I didn't realize they made so few of them.
sixaddict
I believe the total built was 3300 and change...I hope I did not confuse

QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 5 2012, 10:21 AM) *

rgalla9146
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 5 2012, 10:55 AM) *

I believe the total built was 3300 and change...I hope I did not confuse

QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 5 2012, 10:21 AM) *

The other recent blue 6 listing was for 45k, same color, in Ct. , original engine +2.2 hot rod engine. Plenty of documentation as well. At F40 motors of TV fame. Chasing Classic Cars.
I owned it two owners and ten years ago. Car#1558
It originally had this cars color combo, blue / tan. But was for sale with black interior. I know where the orig. interior is.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(pete000 @ Feb 3 2012, 07:54 PM) *

Nice looking car from 10 feet.

I agree, looks like a quick and dirty sell it to Germany for crazy money type of job.

Why is there engine compartment drain tubes ?

Red fan shroud ?

Have to agree. When I first heard about it I thought "maybe this is the one". Looked further & further into it. I can find, other than the obvious, at least six things that are incorrect on the topside. Bottom is a disaster! I only say this because the car is garnering 35K & hasn't hit reserve?

The topside is really nice & I love Adriatic Blue. Interior is spotless, but you'd need to replace the passenger seat & backpad to make it approximate real. Carpets? Nice, but..... That HUGE fissure in the dashtop is sick! Door hinge bolts unpainted.

The botom is a nightmare! Heat exchangers are on the last leg & the damned thing isn't even close to clean. A little effort might have helped.

Assuming it runs. Assuming the belly pan is rock solid. Assuming one can find retro pieces for the interior. Well.....walk away. For a few grand more I can find a proper six. Dissapointing, but the search continues.

914brokenfilms
The siren song of a decent looking topside... I think I would have folded at $27k? barf.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 5 2012, 11:11 AM) *

I will do the honors of informing the apparent new guy.

They hold a special place in Porsche history and the value is a pretty wide swing.
There is no correlation between a four and a six ....as well las a huge differfnce in running gear.

The six is almost a religion

Check info by going to Auto Atlanta and Excellence in terms of values...Byron just sold one here posted for $6500 although to the uninformed and even others it appeared to be a candidate for not much more than the crusher.
I know many others could site numbers built etc but the "six" to those that know hold a special place in porsche heaven....Kinda like Hemis of old but not so expensive.

People are selling conversons for 20 if that is any indication of their value.

driving.gif

QUOTE(914 @ Feb 5 2012, 08:13 AM) *

even with 113,000 miles?

And maybe more.......

Very true, the best we can figure, only a few hundred "matching number", that being the key to the value of the cars. I looked for a long time for the "six" in my blog that is being restored, and that cost over $20K as a solid starting point and a 914 DD for $1,500 is a really good deal these days.. Real Six's are going up in value, the fact that one just sold for $80K in the Fatherland says alot..
See pix of the other 914-6 restoration on my BVD Motorsports face book group.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...9512&type=3
porbmw

even with 113,000 miles?
[/quote]

BTW:

IF it hasn't been said...

welcome.png
If you found a DD for $1500, well done. Hope you're having a ton of fun with it. Give us details.

Your question re price is valid, the 6s don't look much different....

But we 6 followers are a tad fanatical.... smile.gif reference was made to it being almost like a religion....I'm a thinking "cult".... biggrin.gif
Black914_4

BTW:

IF it hasn't been said...

welcome.png
If you found a DD for $1500, well done. Hope you're having a ton of fun with it. Give us details.

Your question re price is valid, the 6s don't look much different....

But we 6 followers are a tad fanatical.... smile.gif reference was made to it being almost like a religion....I'm a thinking "cult".... biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Thank you for the welcome.

I understand that LE cars are worth more. $10k vs $40k just seemed a huge difference, but I'm learning. smile.gif

Yes I love my car biggrin.gif This is my second Porsche. I had a Boxster a couple years ago. Both are a blast to drive.

Only one question--- 5 speed and NO cup holders???? Does the germans not drink coffee?????? WTF.gif biggrin.gif
toolguy
RE: Six's are like a religion.. that's an understatement. . there are six's like this blue one that apperar, at first glance, to be really nice and really are not. . . to ones that can bear a closer look in the light of day. . hence the extremely wide area of valuation.
If they want big bucks for a six, here's my version of what the bottom should look like. . .
carr914
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 8 2012, 09:49 AM) *

BTW:

Only one question--- 5 speed and NO cup holders???? Does the germans not drink coffee?????? WTF.gif biggrin.gif

1st of all Good Germans drink Beer for Breakfast beer3.gif

2nd, Porsches are Performance Cars, so both Hands should be ready to grab the Wheel, Shift Knob, or the Big Titties of the girl riding Shotgun. No Coffee, Cell Phones, GPS's etc.

3rd welcome.png
Black914_4
[/quote]

2nd, Porsches are Performance Cars, so both Hands should be ready to grab the Wheel, Shift Knob, or the Big Titties of the girl riding Shotgun. No Coffee, Cell Phones, GPS's etc.

[/quote]

I gotta call bs.gif
I've drove 3-4 porsche 911's and they all had cupholders. piratenanner.gif

And to stay on topic the Blue 6 is up to $37,600 now biggrin.gif
racerbvd
[quote name='2xs performance' date='Feb 8 2012, 04:19 PM' post='1621042']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I gotta call bs.gif
I've drove 3-4 porsche 911's and they all had cupholders. piratenanner.gif

And to stay on topic the Blue 6 is up to $37,600 now biggrin.gif
[/quote]
There were no REAL 911s build after 1998 chair.gif so I call bs.gif
my 78 Coupe doesn't have em beer.gif
Click to view attachment
Nor does my 83 Cab beer.gif
Click to view attachment
My 88 Carrera is fully loaded, but no cup holders idea.gif
Click to view attachment
And neither did my 964 or 993 that I had BITD confused24.gif
Click to view attachment

Now I do have a custom console for my 76 914 that has cup holders, but it ain't factory happy11.gif
Black914_4
Quote"" Now I do have a custom console for my 76 914 that has cup holders, but it ain't factory

Yeah I already had plans to build a custom console with cup holders for mine.
I'm not giving up my coffee! biggrin.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Feb 8 2012, 05:11 PM) *

Quote"" Now I do have a custom console for my 76 914 that has cup holders, but it ain't factory

Yeah I already had plans to build a custom console with cup holders for mine.
I'm not giving up my coffee! biggrin.gif

I'll take some pix if you like..
carr914
I've owned 5 911 - No Cupholders

Byron & I agree the only CupHolders in a Porsche should be our Hands around some D-Cups drooley.gif
Cairo94507
Toolguy- That may be one of the nicest bellies I have ever seen. I hope mine ends up looking that nice underneath when it is done. Just beautiful.
porbmw
I dunno....

I think it's still missing that black plastic cover on the shift..... poke.gif

Wish I could see some other pics, of topside, so as to pass judgment on the rest biggrin.gif

AND

Maybe toolguy could tell me what kind of coating he put on the heat exchangers...and the colour (up here, that's how we spell it dry.gif ) of the coating......................
Cairo94507
Yes it is missing the little black cover for the tail shifter mechanism, but I kind of figured it was on a lift and still being built. Regardless, it is sweet. smilie_pokal.gif
porbmw
agree.gif
dlkawashima
5 hours to go ..... $44,100 .....
Black914_4
He lowered his reserve. I guess he figures $30,000 is enough profit
dave29
2X Performance...that car is a $30-$40K car all day long.
dave29
Cairo94507
I wonder if the buyer is here in the US? BTW, did we ever see any pictures of the underneath? Without those, I would not have bid that high.
carr914
QUOTE(dave29 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:20 AM) *

dave29

I disagree, without putting my Eyes & Hands on it, I think it was a High 20's car, maybe $30k. There was too much wrong with it
mepstein
If it sells for $44K, then in that time and market, it's a $44K car. The market might be different in the future but the price is the price.
Black914_4
It is a good looking car I agree. The blue looks good.
It's not 100% though.
A paint job, carpet and seats only cost so much. (must of ran out of money for a new dash)
Biggest varible would be the price he paid for it.
So I'm sure he made a good profit. Good for him.
And I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it also.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 13 2012, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(dave29 @ Feb 13 2012, 09:20 AM) *

dave29

I disagree, without putting my Eyes & Hands on it, I think it was a High 20's car, maybe $30k. There was too much wrong with it

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 13 2012, 12:48 PM) *

If it sells for $44K, then in that time and market, it's a $44K car. The market might be different in the future but the price is the price.

I understand your point that it was a $44k car to whoever bought when it Sold, but the point I was making was that it is not that easy to say it would bring that Price "all day long". If it were, then with the items that were incorrect fixed it would have brought $10k more - I don't think so.

I'm glad that it got great money don't get me wrong. If nothing else, it makes a stronger point for my Car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.