Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: from spain another 914 restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jm993rs
Hellow guys !!!

I´m from spain and have a lot of questions and read this forum every day because I love the 911 aircooleds and now I have one 914-4 and for the state of the car the best option is rebuild for make one racing car.

I input one pic of my target, now the pics of my car are big and later hang some

I would create one post of my car. Input here or on another carpet or category ????

thank you guys drunk.gif
KELTY360
Couple weekends of tightening and adjusting and you'll be out on track! biggrin.gif

welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png There are lots of resources here! Check the member vendor page and the classifieds. assimilate.gif
SirAndy
welcome.png

This looks like a fun project!
biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
welcome.png As always, your biggest problem will be rust. You will probably spend a lot of time replacing rusted out metal. The most important will be the longitudinal chanels on each side of the frame. The worst area will probably be the long. area just under the battery tray. Weather you make a street car or a racing car, structural integrity is the most important thing. When you have a good solid frame and body, then you can decide how you want the car to look. Good luck and again... welcome.png
abnrdo
Cool!

welcome.png
Tom_T
A 914-6/GT clone - looks like a fun project!
welcome.png
jm993rs
Tank you guys !!!

Is a big work and I go step by step, because the big problem for me is the money !!!

My 911´s all I buy but in good good price, and after make more more work.

My work is body repair and painting cars, and for me in my spare time in my house is a big adventure.

Now the work is not painted but is near, all parts are sanitized and reinforced, the engine 911 supports are mounted, the roll bars are mounted and is near to the paint preparation.

My little problem is the money €€€€€€€€, the work is not necesary pay anybody, but the parts anybody gift to me, and one to anothe plus another cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$
Katmanken
Hola!

Bienvenido on finding a 914 en Espana. Last time I was in Andalucia, the only old car was a Renault 2CV.

De niño, yo vivía en la ciudad de Sevilla durante tres años.

Best of luck,

Ken
Elliot Cannon
It very much looks like you know what you are doing. I think it will be a very nice restoration. Good luck with it and keep the pictures coming. We are all very interested in your progress.
Cheers, Elliot
RiqueMar
This is great to see! I've spoken with JM recently through email after we got acquainted on the Pelican site, and he certainly knows what he is doing! It's great to see this kind of work coming out of Spain!
stewteral
QUOTE(jm993rs @ Feb 3 2012, 02:50 PM) *

Tank you guys !!!

Is a big work and I go step by step, because the big problem for me is the money !!!

My 911´s all I buy but in good good price, and after make more more work.

My work is body repair and painting cars, and for me in my spare time in my house is a big adventure.

Now the work is not painted but is near, all parts are sanitized and reinforced, the engine 911 supports are mounted, the roll bars are mounted and is near to the paint preparation.

My little problem is the money €€€€€€€€, the work is not necesary pay anybody, but the parts anybody gift to me, and one to anothe plus another cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$

Hola jm993rs,

Making a racer out of that sad old 914 is a great idea!

I like your Roll Cage and noted that you have run tubes back to the rear shock absorber towers. My only suggestion would be to also run tubes forward to the FRONT shock towers. I have done this with my roll cage and it eliminates all the chassis flex! As proof, I can jack up any corner of the car and the doors still open and close perfectly!

Best of luck on you fun project.

Terry

jm993rs
Thank you guys for your support !!!! and I have more more questions for this car because is my first 914 !!!! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

More pics !!!
jm993rs
I would create one thread of my car and input here or on another carpet or category ????

My last part buyed for this car in one engine 2.4 E !!!!

914pipe
Bienvenido !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Este es el mejor foro que puedas encontrar. Mucha informacion y muchos proyectos y la gente aqui es super amable y bien cooperadora. Ya ves todos los que han saludado.!!!

Saludos desde Puerto Rico.

welcome.png
jm993rs
QUOTE(nukepipe @ Feb 7 2012, 04:13 AM) *

Bienvenido !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Este es el mejor foro que puedas encontrar. Mucha informacion y muchos proyectos y la gente aqui es super amable y bien cooperadora. Ya ves todos los que han saludado.!!!

Saludos desde Puerto Rico.

welcome.png

Yesssssssssssssss !!!

I´m delighted !!!!!

whit this forum we will work on my 914 for make the 914-6 gt clone...................... pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
leebenedi
Buenas. I have a 914 in Madrid. Right now it is a shell. Si tuviera pasta, metería un 6 cilindros y lo ensanchaba.

¡Suerte!
jm993rs
QUOTE(leebenedi @ Feb 7 2012, 11:19 AM) *

Buenas. I have a 914 in Madrid. Right now it is a shell. Si tuviera pasta, metería un 6 cilindros y lo ensanchaba.

¡Suerte!

Buenas, yo soy un español de Mallorca nuevo por aquí !!!!!!!

For me the money, is the best problem, I can make because I not need pay anybody the price of the labor cost but anybody give to me the parts and the products and because the time of the recontruction is more slow.

another pics of the car !!!
clow
You have a good project on your hands.

Just remember the key to welding is very clean surfaces like grinding the paint & rust ect. Wire wheels on an angle grinder work really well.

Cheers

Clow
jm993rs
QUOTE(clow @ Feb 7 2012, 10:55 PM) *

You have a good project on your hands.

Just remember the key to welding is very clean surfaces like grinding the paint & rust ect. Wire wheels on an angle grinder work really well.

Cheers

Clow

yes not have fear !!! beerchug.gif

My work from 15 years is bodycars repaired, the pic is maked just after of welded the reinforcement. welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif

jm993rs
now the car is here !!! stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif welder.gif
SirAndy
first.gif
rnellums
piratenanner.gif Que linda! Ojala que tenga tanto dedicacion en mis proyectos! Sigue! aktion035.gif
type47fan
JM, you have a great project. It is wonderful that you are saving another 914 from neglect and deterioration.

Have you listed your VIN in the 914World member's VIN database? Here is the link to it:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

Keep the pics coming!

Thanks,
jm993rs
Please, where I can buy this part ?????????

Please input the Url´s of where !!

Thank you guys !!
mepstein
QUOTE(jm993rs @ Apr 23 2012, 03:31 PM) *

Thank you guys !!

If that is a JWest/Rennshifter part, I'm pretty sure it is no longer available. Tangerine racing has something similar. http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm or PMS - http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/595/
Series9
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 23 2012, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(jm993rs @ Apr 23 2012, 03:31 PM) *

Thank you guys !!

If that is a JWest/Rennshifter part, I'm pretty sure it is no longer available. Tangerine racing has something similar. http://www.tangerineracing.com/transmission.htm or PMS - http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/595/

agree.gif
jm993rs
Now I have a little problem !!!!!!

I thinked for the conversion of 5 front lug nuts, I need the front hubs of the 911 and I have but........................ why else ???

please anybody have one DYS ???

jm993rs
screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif

now I have a little or big problem ???????

My car is of the year 73, I buy the car without engine and without gearbox, and in the time I buy one 914 gearbox to other seller from another 914, and now I have the gearbox mounted on the 911 2.4 engine and the system of the gearbox contra is not the same !!!!!!!

THE gearbox is from one car of 71 and my car with the control of the gears is from 73 !!!!!!!!!!

please !!!! the "gurus 914" of this forum, I need help help help !!!!!!

what need can make ?????

screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif

hot_shoe914
You can buy the parts to convert your tail shift to a side shift. Either that or get a side shift gearbox.
FourBlades

Very nice project!

John
SirAndy
QUOTE(jm993rs @ Sep 24 2012, 05:23 AM) *
now I have a little or big problem ???????

Can't help you with your problem but i can tell you that you will *not* like that 4-puck racing clutch you have there.

I ran that exact clutch on my car and it was the worst clutch i have ever driven. It's basically like an on/off switch and almost impossible to do any sort of smooth engagement.

You'll be much, much happier with a more streetable version. Or, if you really need the extra clamping force, go with a KEP Stage II clutch instead.

popcorn[1].gif
Dave_Darling
It may not be that easy to get a side-shift transmission in Spain. Still worth looking for.

As I said on the Pelican thread, you can convert your new (tail-shift) transmission to the side-shift configuration using the parts from your old gearbox. Worth cleaning things up and inspecting the bits inside while you have it apart, which can quickly turn into a gearbox rebuild.

Dr. Evil over here has a pretty good video (2 DVD set) on how to do that rebuild, in case you go that way.

Most people find that the regular side-shift's rear shift rod (which goes from the firewall to the transmission) will hit the 914-6 exhaust at some point in its travel. The popular solution is to fasten both ends of the shift rod to a jig (or just a board) so you can cut out the middle, and then weld in a straight piece of tubing or solid rod.

--DD
jm993rs

AND WHERE IS POSSIBLE BUY THE DR.EVIL'S VIDEOS OF 901 ?????

I'M FROM SPAIN !!! CAN HE SEND TO ME ??? WHERE MAKE THE PAYMENT ???

THANK YOU !!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

cary
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=113587

Right here on 914World in the Member Vendors forum.
porbmw
You got way more done in a few months than I have in a few years.

Slow down, boy, you're making me look bad.... poke.gif

But nice job...and I've always loved that color on that car..great look!
jm993rs
Hellow 914 friends !!!

Now the car is here, is not finished with the herders and gearbox, but the bodywork is finished !!!!

Now I think I need more information of this authentic green model, because more people make to me a lot of questions, races, where,pics, and more information of this racer original car !!!

Anybody can input here more information ?? please..........

pics of the original, where win race's, diferents pilots etc etc

jm993rs
more pics
DonTraver
So where are you exactly? I'm planning on going back to Spain next year with my RS America Porsche.

Maybe we could meet up for coffee/dinner, go for a drive, etc.

Later, Don
Bob L.
cheer.gif
Wow. Es muy bonita! Felicidads

popcorn[1].gif
FourBlades

Wow, beautiful looking 914! smilie_pokal.gif

You did all the work so fast. Amazing.

John
jm993rs
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Nov 29 2012, 05:39 PM) *

So where are you exactly? I'm planning on going back to Spain next year with my RS America Porsche.

Maybe we could meet up for coffee/dinner, go for a drive, etc.

Later, Don

I live in Mallorca !!! a little island of Spain !!! input in google maps and see

I ride with the number 34 in the min 9:25 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_vy6Jp4QrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdF7jg_drgE
SirAndy
QUOTE(jm993rs @ Nov 29 2012, 08:00 AM) *
Now I think I need more information of this authentic green model, because more people make to me a lot of questions, races, where,pics, and more information of this racer original car !!!

I might have some info for you, let me dig through my records tonight.

Just to be sure, you are looking for information on this car, correct?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;viewid=8298

idea.gif
martinef1963
Joder hermano - ese caro esta destrosado. Pero bueno, aqui puedes encontrar todo lo que necesitas para llegar a tu meta...

Bienbenido.

Fernando
jm993rs
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 29 2012, 09:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jm993rs @ Nov 29 2012, 08:00 AM) *

I might have some info for you, let me dig through my records tonight.

Just to be sure, you are looking for information on this car, correct?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;viewid=8298

idea.gif

Thank you boss !!!

I'm awaiting !!!

When I spaeak whith my friends can I can say I have the best information of this model of the boss of this model !!!
jm993rs
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Nov 29 2012, 10:09 PM) *

Joder hermano - ese caro esta destrosado. Pero bueno, aqui puedes encontrar todo lo que necesitas para llegar a tu meta...

Bienbenido.

Fernando

You not read all of the post !!

The car now have the bodywork finished ! stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
martinef1963
Yes I see - le has metido mucha mano - lo vi desde el principio, no lo lei todo. Felicitaciones.
jm993rs
WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Now I'm very very lost !!!!!!

Have the bodywork finished, the suspension, the brakes mounted, the engine is on the car, the stickers, etc etc.............but now i'm stopped with the electrical modifications for mount the engine 911 2.4 S with the oem installation of the engine, and do come along with the installation of 914.

please anybody can give to me the url's for make this upgrades !!

thank you guys
jm993rs
more pics now !!!
jm993rs
one more now...... please input anybody the url'a here for see whats need make on the electrical modifications

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.