Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Dino Black Leather Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
john rogers
For Sale, 12 inch diameter Dino black leather wrapped steering wheel with a Porsche crest horn button AND a 914-4 spline adapter. There are no cuts or wear areas on the leather but a bit or wear around one of the arm holes where a radio button was mounted. The wheel is great for a car that is autocrossed as it is smaller than the stock wheel. The spline adapter are for a 914-4 Porsche and are not available any longer. Contact John if interested at 619-691-8640 or email me. Buyer has to pick it up.
hot_shoe914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
QUOTE(john rogers @ Feb 3 2012, 05:20 PM) *

For Sale, 12 inch diameter Dino black leather wrapped steering wheel with a Porsche crest horn button AND a 914-4 spline adapter. There are no cuts or wear areas on the leather but a bit or wear around one of the arm holes where a radio button was mounted. The wheel is great for a car that is autocrossed as it is smaller than the stock wheel. The spline adapter are for a 914-4 Porsche and are not available any longer. Contact John if interested at 619-691-8640 or email me. Buyer pays shipping.

john rogers
Now why would someone need pics of a black steering wheel, they are all round, black, black spokes and the cener Porsche crest looks the SAME as all other Porsche crests......
SD914
QUOTE(john rogers @ Feb 4 2012, 10:09 AM) *

Now why would someone need pics of a black steering wheel, they are all round, black, black spokes and the cener Porsche crest looks the SAME as all other Porsche crests......

If that's your approach, especially when asking a higher than normal price, good luck selling it...
markb
QUOTE(SD914 @ Feb 4 2012, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(john rogers @ Feb 4 2012, 10:09 AM) *

If that's your approach, especially when asking a higher than normal price, good luck selling it...

agree.gif

Pics prove a number of things, condition, brand, which adapter you have (70/71 are different) and most of all, prove you actually have the item. Many here have been scammed in the past and are not overly trusting.
MikeSpraggi
Which /4 hub do you have, early or late?
7TPorsh
Oh well I was interested...
OU8AVW
This could be it. It's black, has three spokes and we all know what a Porsche crest looks like....

Click to view attachment
john rogers
As I said: "There are no cuts or wear areas on the leather but a bit or wear around one of the arm holes where a radio button was mounted." And since had been with 914s since the early 90s the 914 guys in the San Diego area know who I am so the fact that the wheel may not be real should not be a worry. I was the first person to use Garage Los Ponchos in Tijuana, first to use a set of the infamous Brad's 914 vented 4 bolt hub adapters on a race car, our '73 won two HSR West Porsche 2L championships and now rests in a museum in Puerto Rico. A picture proves nothing as I have over twenty shots of race car dashes with wheels.... If I had been asked nicely to post a picture or two I probably would have done so? I just gave Sean Malloy of SD Autosport several chrome bumpers and the box of small parts that I had advertised earlier but I was going to keep the wheel as it has some sentimental issues but changed my mind. Oh yes, it came off a 1973 and I decided that I will not ship it so if anyone wants it they can come by and check it out.
rohar
Pictures add value to a part. Politeness in a FS post adds value to a part. Given that we have neither, I'd gladly pay $60 + shipping.
hot_shoe914
If I had been asked nicely to post a picture or two I probably would have done so?

finger.gif This is just my personal opinion and does not in anyway speak for anyone else on this board. They can express their own opinions.

Good day sir.
Robert21
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 4 2012, 06:54 PM) *

If I had been asked nicely to post a picture or two I probably would have done so?

finger.gif This is just my personal opinion and does not in anyway speak for anyone else on this board. They can express their own opinions.

Good day sir.

What,s the problem , i,am selling a Wheel and have photo,s with the wheel in my car , so you can see what it look like.
rohar
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Feb 4 2012, 07:13 PM) *

What,s the problem , i,am selling a Wheel and have photo,s with the wheel in my car , so you can see what it look like.

I love the Momo, it's just the wrong color for where I'm going. Well priced though.

Pictures and a good attitude make a huge difference in value smile.gif
aharder
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 4 2012, 08:54 PM) *

Good day sir.

agree.gif
7TPorsh
Honestly don;t car who you are, who you know or what cars you have built. Wheels come in varieties as do the two types of adapters. You have not described either well enough to spend more than $20 gambling on it.

You will NOT be able to sell such an item here without real useable info and a picture. Seriously is it so hard?
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
rpmmaxxed
QUOTE(john rogers @ Feb 4 2012, 06:23 PM) *

As I said: "There are no cuts or wear areas on the leather but a bit or wear around one of the arm holes where a radio button was mounted." And since had been with 914s since the early 90s the 914 guys in the San Diego area know who I am so the fact that the wheel may not be real should not be a worry. I was the first person to use Garage Los Ponchos in Tijuana, first to use a set of the infamous Brad's 914 vented 4 bolt hub adapters on a race car, our '73 won two HSR West Porsche 2L championships and now rests in a museum in Puerto Rico. A picture proves nothing as I have over twenty shots of race car dashes with wheels.... If I had been asked nicely to post a picture or two I probably would have done so? I just gave Sean Malloy of SD Autosport several chrome bumpers and the box of small parts that I had advertised earlier but I was going to keep the wheel as it has some sentimental issues but changed my mind. Oh yes, it came off a 1973 and I decided that I will not ship it so if anyone wants it they can come by and check it out.

Really man?

When selling items at the above average price you are asking, especially something that is as estetically important to most as a steering wheel, pictures are expected. That goes for all internet forum purchases I would think...

Noone cares about your race history, or past accomplishments, however stunning they may be. That type of money may be nothing to you, but most people want to see what they are paying for...
Mikey914
Pictures sell. If you can get some up, it will help your sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.