Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need oil lines and AN fittings...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Anyone know of a good speed shop, or some other place to get braided or Blue Line and AN fittings for an oil cooler, around the SF Valley?

Got the first gen RX7 cooler and a Mocal thermostat now I just need lines and fittings.

BTW, My engine has already been fitted with AN by the PO.

TIA,
Mike D.
john rogers
If you can't find a local place, order from Racer Parts Wholesale. They have good prices.
ArtechnikA
Earl's Supply Store #1 is in Long Beach...
take a ride doen the 405 and they should have everything you could need ...
machina
I have made at least 6 orders for all types of AN fittings for fuel and oil in the past few months.

Always used Summit, they shipped the same day as late as 3pm and always delivered what they said they had in stock in 2 business days. These guys are incredible. They also stock 95% of what I needed covering probably 40 different hose end types and adpaters.

Just placed an order today, will have it friday. (unless the hurricane hits us)

dr
andys
Mike,

You can try Jim Grubbs Motorsports, or Teague Marine. Both are in the Valencia Industrial Park. Joe Factor Sales in Burbank closed, and re-opened as Luky's (his girlfriend, I think) just up the street on Burbank Blvd. It is down-sized quite a bit, so I'm not sure if they carry the AN stuff anymore. Might give them a call. Also, PAW and R&E Racing are in Lancaster.

Andy
Mike D.
Thanks All!

How about this one...How many feet of hose do I need to go from the engine to the front?
machina
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Sep 1 2004, 05:51 PM)
How about this one...How many feet of hose do I need to go from the engine to the front?

Well you need a return and a feed line, and make the most gentle curve radii possible.

Maybe 15' to be safe.

You might try a tapemeasure.

dr
Mike D.
yep, I'm in the garage now with a tape measure, looking for the BTDT answer. How about one of those shrouds that channels the air out the bottom. I've seen them for 911 rsr replicas at around $200. I'll start bending my own sheet metal before I pay that.

I'll check AIR...

-Mike D.
machina
This may help, compiled from other threads.

dr
drew365
Mike; I bought all my braided line and fittings at American Hose Supply on Parthenia just west of Reseda Blvd. Their prices were very competitive with the online stores but I liked that I could go by to get just the fittings I needed without getting extra. The fittings are what add up money wise. I think I bought 28 feet to do my job and had about 3 feet left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.