Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Classifieds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've been following the classifieds much more than ever before. I know there are some quirks to them, but this just seems to work so much better.

I see communication between seller & buyer.
Seller can track views.
Easy notification for new items (just like new threads here)
Pictures are easy to do.

There have got to be more plusses, too.

Good Job Rusty! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
is more gooder smilie_pokal.gif

now..if only people would buy my $hit
balljoint
Excellent

This site is cool and progressive. Now we just need the vendors to take Canadian money at par and my car would be finished.
Brad Roberts
I liked the thumbnailed pics.

I like the fact that it wasnt the same as everyone elses classifieds...

I liked the fact that the seller set the limit on the amount of time the ad ran..

It sucks that we spent soooo much time (10-15 days straight making the old one work and utilize the MYSQL database) and it was all thrown out the window instead of fixing it... basically take a car you built that had an engine problem and throw it away. The engine could have been fixed.

Like I said in the past.. if I had wanted the classified to run on the BBS software..we would have done that in the first place. I didnt want to be like PP. I wanted the classified to be capable of running independent of the BBS.

B
seanery
It looks like you're in the minority buddy. smile.gif
Brad Roberts
The BS I was fed about (they wanted blah blah.. poll was taken...blah blah) 90% of the people who use the classifieds dont visit or even view the BBS so the polls are worthless. You get answers from the people viewing the board at that moment who actually use the classifieds. Now they are forced to sign up on the BBS to ask the seller a question. I firmly beleive sales are down because of this. I used to receive "thank you" phone calls when a car or majot part sold through the classifieds. It all stopped when the change occured.

Can you tell I'm still miffed a little ?? lol2.gif

B
Aaron Cox
Can you tell I'm still miffed a little ?? lol2.gif

B

sounds like your panties are in a wad ohmy.gif lol2.gif
seanery
pulled up tight in a wad.
Brad Roberts
One phone call to me and it would have been shit canned quick. You had 2-3 people complaining from what I can tell. I spent weeks upon weeks testing 30-40 different "classifieds" software... pissing in the wind is what I call that.

B
seanery
Hey man I didn't do it.

BUT, I like the new so much better!

So what if people have to sign up. Are we here to serve the members or those who browse by occasionaly?
I hope your answer is the same as mine.
Mike9142.0
The old classifieds are so much easer to use. smilie_pokal.gif
The new classifieds take so long to go through that I don't even look at them and won't any time soon. mad.gif
Ray Warren
QUOTE(Mike9142.0 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:23 PM)
The old classifieds are so much easer to use. smilie_pokal.gif
The new classifieds take so long to go through that I don't even look at them and won't any time soon. mad.gif

agree.gif
Brad Roberts
I know "you" didnt do it. I just wish we could have gone over it prior to the change. Every admin (with the exception of LB) has my cell phone number (including Jeroen.) I wasnt out of reach is my point.

The last classifieds where designed to be simple/stupid. Easy to navigate easy to post.

I'm done. We arent going back to the old ones.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.