Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why I love 914Club.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Everyone is so freakin helpful, that it is basically like never having to do something for the first time.

you guys rock!!!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif
Brad Roberts
You got it. Right now.. this place is on FIRE. 6 phone calls today from people saying they have never seen the club site this "bumping" I tell them it willl die off in a few months.

B
Jeroen
I tell them it willl die off in a few months.

Good to see you're in an up beat mood today biggrin.gif
i love porsche
i agree, i have recieved SOOOO much help from you guys about all my questions, i really really appreciate it

thanks a bunch to everyone
seanery
I wouldn't attempt some of the things I am attempting where it not for the people here.
JoeSharpOld
agree.gif THIS BOARD ROCKS. smilie_pokal.gif lol2.gif boldblue.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif
Joe givemebeer.gif urah cazadora porafavora beer3.gif
SpecialK
I hate it!

I'll never get my '73 put back together with all of the "good ideas" that come off this BBS. Engine swaps, suspension mods, tire sizes, 5-bolt conversions (with Al's polish job or course), oil cooler, oil cooler locations, Megasquirt EFI, bad ass exhaust systems, Nickies, etc...I had a simple 'Knock-the-rust-off-and-put-it-back-together' plan until I found this board. wacko.gif
qa1142
I wish I could get this much good help at work!

agree.gif
Joseph Mills
agree.gif with all of the above.

My car has become a "914.com" teener. rolleyes.gif

It now handles like a dream.
It shifts perfectly.
It will soon run like a bat outa'hell (once I get my heads back on).

I no longer have to send it "out" to a "shop". I now enjoy the process of working on my car instead of dreading it. I think I've learned a bit about patience also.

And it's happened because of this forum and the generous people involved in it.
beer.gif Cheers + Thanks!
watsonrx13
This is what the original internet was designed for, the sharing of information...

This is the best forum for sharing 914 information.... smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
If it weren't for 914world.com I'd be tooling along in my stock, blown shock, sway machine. ( Fun BTW. )

Instead, you get to see my car become the FREAKSHOW. mueba.gif

KT
Andyrew
Hmm.. lets see...

Ya, I dont mind this place... Keeps me off drugs laugh.gif

Although I think drugs would be cheaper right about now.... But the long term payoff I think will be worth it....

Brad, the only way this site could die off in 6 months is if the top 10 major brains decide to leave... (big kick if you leave btw... That would slow this place down, cus you KNOW that this place gets active when your posting.... I know I want half my topics to be answered by you!!!!) And well, You havent left in the past so I see no reason to leave now...

Ahh, I think I need a soda beer.gif
Howard
Besides advice on these dumb rustbuckets, you get help for the lovelorn, bad jokes, worse poems, computer tips, etc.

Then I realized my bathroom is getting remodeled by a 930 guy, my web site is managed by a 914 guy, and you can learn to fix anything here. This is the place!

And bring up politics if you want a real hoot biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
914world.com is DA BOMB!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Uh-oh...the FBI will be checking us out now 'cause I said bomb unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 1 2004, 05:44 PM)
I wouldn't attempt some of the things I am attempting where it not for the people here.

like reading the haynes manual? lol2.gif
Trekkor
Also, it's nice to see your projects getting done. clap56.gif

Learning from the experiences others...priceless.

KT
Aaron Cox
......worse poems.......

howard, this ones for you wub.gif laugh.gif

the 914 club is bumpin you see,
full of characters and mike z,
filled with racers and rust fixers,
is that a 914 prototype in that picture?

from tech articles and guidance,
to how to keep your 914 from slidin'
this 914 club is full of love,
a tight knit community like a glove

Led by a german, and a dude named brad
this website has become really phat and rad,
from 9:14 breakfasts and fun runs,
to watching peoples projects get done,

you come seeking car knowledge you see,
with in a minute, answers come forth happily
now this poem is reaching its final banter...
dont buy a car from auto atlanter
Trekkor
lol2.gif

Nice

KT
MattR
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:25 PM)
...to watching peoples projects get done...

**** you
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MattR @ Sep 1 2004, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:25 PM)
...to watching peoples projects get done...

**** you

spend so much time on this 'great' biggrin.gif website my car isnt getting done laugh.gif
redshift
unsure.gif

Who stole Aaron's login?

M
SLITS
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 1 2004, 09:25 PM)
......worse poems.......

howard, this ones for you wub.gif laugh.gif

the 914 club is bumpin you see,
full of characters and mike z,
filled with racers and rust fixers,
is that a 914 prototype in that picture?

from tech articles and guidance,
to how to keep your 914 from slidin'
this 914 club is full of love,
a tight knit community like a glove

Led by a german, and a dude named brad
this website has become really phat and rad,
from 9:14 breakfasts and fun runs,
to watching peoples projects get done,

you come seeking car knowledge you see,
with in a minute, answers come forth happily
now this poem is reaching its final banter...
dont buy a car from auto atlanter

I am sure glad someone can write worser poetry than me. lol2.gif Now I can retire. smoke.gif
GreekDriver
I'm new and have gotten alot of information. This place is really active for a forum so small, and a car that isn't around much anymore.
rick 918-S
Real people, that's what it's all about. I never met a more sincere group of people as I have here. The cars are cool too!
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 1 2004, 09:14 PM)

LMAO laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2004, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 1 2004, 09:14 PM)

LMAO laugh.gif

zing beerchug.gif i thought the poem was better than that line sad.gif laugh.gif
mack914
In every phase of my life, zero friends, until now. Thanks 914club. wink.gif
Qarl
Why do I love 914club.... four simple words.

Zois' hairy ass photos!
mike_the_man
QUOTE(Qarl @ Sep 2 2004, 04:21 AM)
Why do I love 914club.... four simple words.

Zois' hair ass photos!

SSSHHHHHH!!! Don't get him started again, please!!! I just had breakfast. barf.gif
porschefool
The people. You guys are all great, and very generous with your knowledge.
Funny how the different Porsche boards tend to reflect the image of the model being discussed-
before I sold my 928, I was all over a certain 928 board, but since my Shark wasn't super clean/super built/super expensive, I felt excluded. MUCH different attitude with teeners, we all know they are (mostly) forgotten, underpowered, unrespected cars..but that's why we love 'em!! wub.gif

Plus I can do the work myself, with you guys standing over my virtual shoulder....THAT'S huge.

But the REAL reason?

Levi's avatars. bootyshake.gif
tdgray
agree.gif with all the above.

From my first post when DD diagnosed my backward hooked fuel lines I was IN pray.gif

After that I found out there are great people here as well cool.gif

I have yet to meet any of you but I feel we could talk about anything if and when we do.

It's the same thing we say in MGA club... you come for the cars but you come BACK for the people.

Oh BTW - Zois don't even think about it I am going to be eating lunch right about the time you wil probably be logging in. icon8.gif
SteveSr
Brad ain't sh**ting when he said this site is on FIRE you post a topic in the afternoon and by the next morning it's already halfway down the second page!!! mueba.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif
This site rules aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

SteveSr
seanery
zing  i thought the poem was better than that line  

Me too! laugh.gif
balljoint
I appreciate 914World.com for all of the great tips and all of the questions that get answered for other posters before I even think about having that problem with my car.

Why do I love 914World.com?

Oh dear............
Joe Ricard
Not to mention when the board does slow down to like 1000 hit per minute you throw out a bone. Post how you screwed something up and everybody naws on it till the origninator crys mercy. finger.gif

Then there zapping your nuts with a stun gun. chairfall.gif I will NOT try to top that.

Levi's Avatars Oh yea baby.

928 people suck. barf.gif I can say that after I divorced my silver 78 5-speed of 13 years ownership. BTW I did all my own wrenching on it too.
Rhodes71/914
Just gotta say agree.gif .

Haven't been here long but long enough to know that this is a much different place than any other BBS I have used.

You people rock aktion035.gif

Now I am going to go broke fixing this car for my wife driving-girl.gif

Maybe she will let me drive it if I ask real nice wink.gif
nebreitling
i don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

i just use this site to pick up chicks.

maybe that's my problem sad.gif
Joe Ricard
Pick up chicks w00t.gif

Just bring a jack and four jack stands Thats how I pick up my chick. all 2000 lbs of her. happy11.gif She may be under powered but handles the curves like a pro. Not to mention screams real loud when I nail er.
72914S
I agree with most all the above,you all have to quit finding ways to improve the 914 or I`m going to have to start over.I don`t think the wife will go for another 6 year project. she calls this one my red headed mistress idea.gif maybe a yellow one.
Joe Ricard
Y P A F Yea baby, nothing like spending more time turning wrenches than talking to wenches..
ablose58
Talking to wenches is way cool smilie_pokal.gif Especially TOOL WENCHES cool_shades.gif laugh.gif This site answers Q's and Kicks A's bootyshake.gif smoke.gif
red914
i have been fortunate enough to meet several people from this board, and they have all been friendly and helpful, and overall great guys (i have not met any of the ladies yet, so i can say "guys") if it were not for the people on this board, i would still be driving around in my teener instead of trying to learn how to adjust dual webers... headbang.gif

wouldn't miss all that learnin' for anything! clap56.gif

can we give Levi a bigger avatar space?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.