Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front bumper pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I need a front bumper pad. One of the members has made fiberglass pads that look very nice are these avalible? does any one have any suggestions?

Bernie
seanery
Bernie,
those are available and look VERY NICE!

The maker was at the Midwest Classic and had some in his car and on his car. They look really nice.

I think Gint has his information.
i love porsche
are we talking about the big blocks sticking out from the bumper? or the top rubber strip?
philinjax
I saw a few months ago, I think on this site, fiberglass rubber bumper pieces that looked great. Quite expensive as I recall. You might want to try a search for them.

Phil
bernbomb914
top rubber strip or fiber glass

Bernie
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(philinjax @ Sep 1 2004, 05:43 PM)
I saw a few months ago, I think on this site, fiberglass rubber bumper pieces that looked great. Quite expensive as I recall. You might want to try a search for them.

Phil

yeah iirc 170 each!
seanery
that's cheaper than any OEM rubber part.

These are nice, they won't dimple, rust, crack or fade like the originals.
bernbomb914
try pricing a new rubber pad

Bernie
i love porsche
ooie..then..i may be interested also =]
TJB/914
Bernie,

Bumper tops are by our MI guy Carl Morganti. I believe his email is Carl is a perfectionest and makes nice stuff. I believe the price is about $170 and a bargin. I been after Carl to post on our business site. Hope he does because there is a market for these pcs.

Tom
Pic of the bumper top.
TJB/914
Opps, the email did not post again, cmorganti@peoplepc.com or email me & I will forward to Carl.

Tom
SpecialK
Does the rear FG pad look stock also? Particularly above the license plate area.
Brad Roberts
Sign him up. I personally am VERY picky about who is going to sell on here and who isnt. If he has a quality piece for our cars... let him know we want his parts. He may also be holding back because he knows he couldnt support the demand.

B
TJB/914
Carl's rear, Bumper top that is.

Tom
Curvie Roadlover
I've seen those pieces in black, and I can tell you, you cannot tell them from original until you touch them. They have the identical grain. They're thick too, not flimsy. Better than original rubber IMO, and cheaper, too. If I had a car with those ugly old little chrome bumpers, I'd definately get a pair of Carl's repro's.
GWN7
They do look good. smilie_pokal.gif

When time permits I will be doing them in rubber.
bernbomb914
This is the info I was looking for

Thanks to all of you

Bernie

GWN7 I am looking forward to your efforts also
BatAc
Me like, though the least of my worries right now. Though I may ask on the green car are they rubber or fiberglass??? Paintable I see too!!! aktion035.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(BatAc @ Sep 1 2004, 11:43 PM)
are they rubber or fiberglass???

FG
914Timo
Those looks nice. clap56.gif

I think I will do something like those pads in the pics for my chrome bumpers. I have FG molds for both front and rear bumpers. I hate the rubber pads. They are ugly if they are not new or like a new. Anybody have any details how those FG pads are attached to the bumpers ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.