Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hurricane headed to my area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rider914
I chase after these things for a living, but this time it looks like it is coming to me. I put my 914 up high on jack stands if I get flooding, but if the garage comes down - I have no insurance on her. . .

We will find out Saturday - I hope this one turns ok.

Lighten up Frances,
Jay
seanery
Good Luck! Can you get insurance quickly?
watsonrx13
Nope, once the storm has been identified you can't get or increase your insurance.

Good luck on the east coast... wink.gif
Rider914
It is too late now - could be covered under homeowners. I hope that I don't have to find out!

But, it is just a object - the wife and kids are what matters and they are in a good structure.

I am already on the road, for now at the national hurricane center in Miami, tomorow I head for the storm. I have made the eye of 8 storms, and I was in Punta Gorda a few weeks ago. This one looks worse. Big money on this coast, multi million $ houses on the beach everywhere.
machina
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:37 PM)
I put my 914 up high on jack stands if I get flooding, but if the garage comes down - I have no insurance on her. . .

Mine just happens to be up on stands anyway. We're about 100 miles south of you but still close enough to worry.

Now if only I could get my house up on stands, the atlantic is about 150 yards from us. huh.gif

dr
Rider914
It is nice to be near the beach, but this is the price we pay. . .

Miami looks in the clear - But one wobble and you know what can happen, Miami would be a bad place to evacuate. You could spend days stuck on I-95.
machina
QUOTE(Rider914 @ Sep 1 2004, 09:09 PM)
But one wobble and you know what can happen, Miami would be a bad place to evacuate

yeah,

if it does get close, we're headed for our friends house in coral gables. Its south of here and inland a few miles.

We have an 8 month old and a four year old so can't take any chances.

Also, ordered shutters for the whole house 6 weeks ago, they can't install until next week. ar15.gif

dr
carr914
Good Luck over there. Hopefully it takes a last minute turn out to sea. We were lucky here 3 weeks ago, even though I feel for those who got hit. I've driven through some areas affected and it's not good.
T.C.
Qarl
Good luck dR, Jay, Rob Watson, and the rest of our Florida friends.

Packing up our stuff as we speak.

Off tomorrow night/early morning.

I'll bring my laptop this time and check in from Atlanta.

Regards,

Qarl

unsure.gif
watsonrx13
Qarl, have a save trip and you're smart to get out early...
RAR
I was checking the NOAA maps. You Orlando and Palm Beach folks (and all of you really) should maybe go inland. From the upper left corner, Good Luck folks.
rick 918-S
All our claims reps. were instructed to pack there bags and be ready to go by Friday. I'm a Multiline rep. so I'll be called last. I'm like on call to cover the whole state of MN. now, no one left here. This is the second wave of reps. that were called to help settle claims. You people get the heck out of the way!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.