Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fast has just been redefined
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
propricer
The URL below talks about a 'stock' Ultima GTR resetting the WORLD RECORD for 0-100-0 at 10.3 seconds, beating the $1M McLaren by 1/2 second.
Zero to 60 in 2.8, to 100 in 5.9 and then back down in 4.4.
They scrubbed the 0-200-0 at 192 mph because it was rainy.
URL includes 3 videos of the run.

http://www.pistonheads.com//ultima/default.asp?i=8956
qa1142
Humm
I still think I would rather have the McLaren wub.gif
i love porsche
id wrather have the CGT

but anyways...that 0-60 time isnt the greatest, the dauer does it quicker, and there was a special one off mustang "boss" in around....98-99ish? that had a 1.9 i believe

it was in a car and driver article...but of course...dont believe everything you read nowadays...espicially from CD, R&T and other likes, theyre all very biased
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Sep 1 2004, 08:10 PM)
Humm
I still think I would rather have the McLaren wub.gif

agree.gif
If money was no object, a McLaren would be my daily driver.
Cap'n Krusty
I disremember the exact numbers, but there was once an article in a car mag about the 917 setting a similar record, but included both the run up to whatever speed they used, AND the time back to 0. THAT's a real-world record. As I recall, the total times were less than most cars took to do the first half of the run .......... Anybody can accelerate. How many of those fast guys can brake? The Cap'n
drew365
I really like the Ultima. They will build them with Porsche engines. I think a Cam Am spyder model with Porsche power would make a good track car. It'd be a lot cheaper to stuff in a wall than an F1 or CGT.
campbellcj
I have the Top Gear video of the Ultima. Sweet car although -- without learning a lot more -- I am not inherently confident in the build quality or resale value of such a creature compared to a known "marque" such as McLaren or of course Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo or whatnot...
Mueller
I'd take an Ultima in a heatbeat wub.gif

The Ultima seems more "practical" than the McLaren if such a word can be used when talking about these cars smile.gif
campbellcj
Not sure if this link will work w/o a login but feel free to try --

http://www.nosubstitute.org/video/Top_Gear-Ultima.mpeg
Andyrew
Ya... Seeing one... well, I like....

I bet the 1/4 mile is pretty drn quick....
campbellcj
Pretty interesting that it did the 0-100 sprint in the first two gears. That Chebby motor seems to rev quite nicely.
Andyrew
I dont think he revved it that high... but 650 hp has to have something behind it!!!

I wouldnt mind taking a first date in that.... Set quite an impression....

Man, I wonder how he keeps the tires from spinning...

first goes to 60... and I thought the 944 turbo with first at 40 was long!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.