Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stock 2.0 dyno sheets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
Looking for someone to post and share stock 2.0 dyno sheets. Searched a little and came up w/nothing. Getting some help w/some engine sims for a project I'm doing, but would like to see a stock 2.0 as a baseline.

thanks-

David
Jake Raby
Looking for at the wheels power or flywheel power?? I have several stock 2.0 graphs from original engines as well as 100% stock engines of ours.
Andyrew
Jake, How do the stock engines you build compare number wise to the factorys?

Could you post both of em?
Jake Raby
They are too big to post... The mostI have seen from a 73/2.0 with D jetwas 86BHP with about 35K miles on it...

One of ours was about 95BHP built 100% to the "T" for a LE car a few years ago...

BUT, change thatcam and pick up 15-20 ponies and run 25 degrees cooler!

There isn't much that is less efficient than a stock 2.0!!!!!!!!
Andyrew
Change the cam.... Did you do anything else for that massive hp gain? What kind of cam is this?

Thats interesting that the stock cam is so restrictive...

Wish I would have known that!! laugh.gif
Jake Raby
EVERYTHING IS IN THE CAM WITH A TYPE IV!!!!

Thats why I OWN 43 different grinds at Web Cam..

The question you ask is so broad, there is no perfect cam. Each one has to be chosen based upon the rest of the combination, your altitude, your gearing, tire size and etc. The cam is the heart of the Type IV and due to the head design its selection can really make or break the engine.

The stock cam was designed for climates much colder than the US and areas with much more dense air....

In that particular engine ONLY the cam was changed for a 17HP gain! The RPM range was broadened by 1500RPM and gas mileage went up 8 MPG.

It's all in the combo! The factory didn't care they had to satisfy people from Antarctica to Africa and they did a good job. They created it and we are working hard to perfect it!
Andyrew
Jake, I understand your combo thing.

ok...

Stock 2.0 Djet...

How many variety's of cams will work well with that?

And How much hp increase?

This is one of those "If I do just this".... Because it seems to me that this is the number one thing to change... I've been told that the cam is the brain of the engine..

I dont have a 2.0 anymore... so It really doesnt matter, Im just curious.. lol... I have a 5.7 now.... lol
Mueller
hmmm, people need to learn how to use the search function a little better smile.gif

1.8 and 2.0 stock dyno sheets

Wish I would have known that!

Andrew, are you on the same BBS that I'm on???? Jake has only stated that about 50 times since he started to post on this site which is well before you got your V8 motor........ <_<
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 1 2004, 10:41 PM)
Andrew, are you on the same BBS that I'm on???? Jake has only stated that about 50 times since he started to post on this site which is well before you got your V8 motor........ dry.gif

ouch..kinda harsh wink.gif
Andyrew
Oh, I've seen it all at least once... Remembering it is another thing.

Ive ran all the numbers, and I didnt like the price.

Yes mike Im on the same BBS, But maybe not on the same wave length....

Some things I just would like to know... And some things I dont want to know...

Knowing what kind of hp/ performance one could get from a cam swap is one of those things I would like to know. Iffin others with stockish engine's come up and ask me on AIM.. "Hey, do you know what this would do?" and I say, "Ya, but this would be cheaper, and better"...
Jake Raby
I have never seen 100HP from a stock 2.0 engine- Never.. I do believe those numbers are DIN, and not SAE....

Anyway, it is very easy to gain 20HP from a cam change in the engines! Lift the valves another .075-.100 to the point where the heads don't flow anymore and add 14-16 degrees of duration on the exhaust side over the intake........ The power will follow

Two weeks ago I tried a new cam for a European customer's engine. I build these different due to the different fuel they have in the UK and much more dense air. I was not happy with my new cam that I designed for it and tore into it.... 5 hours later the engine made 27HP MORE and had 2000 RPM wider powerband than before with my other "New cam"........ Thats 27HP on the same day, same carbs, same everything. A true testament to where the key to the type IV is held.
Mueller
Jake, how fast can you get a custom ground cam??

I take it you have a pretty good relationship with the grinder to get them ASAP????
Mueller
ouch..kinda harsh

and I was being "nice" LOL
Jake Raby
1 week normally... I have over 100 cams on the shelf right now.

Most of my cams are derived fromm masters that are already in Webs system for other cars. I use alot of slant 6 Mopar stuff for intake profiles and Kawasaki Motorcycle and even some old Ferrari stuff for the exhaust profiles. What takes time is if I find a cam that works well and want to add a few degrees on just one side, then thay have to make another master just to do that and it takes time..
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 1 2004, 10:24 PM)
Thats 27HP on the same day, same carbs, same everything. A true testament to where the key to the type IV is held.

Carbs is the keyword. How about with Djet?

Geoff
Jake Raby
The 17HP gain was with a D jet engine..... Same thing applies but just not on such a large scale of HP numbers.
JeffBowlsby
I forget whos car this one was from...someone from the PNW if I recall? Stock 2.0L, D-Jet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.