Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How hard is it to find throttle valve switches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean ware
where oh where can there be throttle valve switches...i can not find them anywhere!!! any input would be appreciated!!!

thanks!
Rusty
I'm going to move this to the Tech Forum for you. I think you'll get more responses over there!

BTW, Welcome to the BBS, Sean!

-Lawrence
Tab914
Hi Sean! You can try this guy in Ontario, Canada. His name is Mike and he restores 914s. Has lots of parts. He was able to find a throttle switch for a 2.0lt for me. He might be able to help you out with one for a 1.8lt. If you want to email him you've got nothing to lose. Here is his email address. mikeg@rogers.com. Good luck. smile.gif
type47
Brad Mayeur?
Fred Vollecka[dn.... hauser? (sorry Fred)
Otto?
Tab914
If you still haven't found one there is also Gordon Luy in Manitoba Canada.
Root_Werks
I can get a brand new one for you for $100 plus shipping.

I used a 1975 1.8 for my look up, but I think the 74-75 1.8's are the same.

Dan Root
(Root's German Werks)
otto
We have 20 throttle switches for the 2.0 914/4, new $135.00 plus shipping.
Root_Werks
Seee! laugh.gif They're all over the place! blink.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(otto @ Sep 3 2004, 04:26 PM)
We have 20 throttle switches for the 2.0 914/4, new $135.00 plus shipping.

See. That's what I love about this place. People willingly share their knowledge and insights without any thought of personal gain. rolleyes.gif

I thought that it was just Steve who was the parts whore. Now, I see it was probably just part of the job description. sad.gif
Mueller
See. That's what I love about this place. People willingly share their knowledge and insights without any thought of personal gain.  

I thought that it was just Steve who was the parts whore. Now, I see it was probably just part of the job description.  

considering he didn't list his price as $99 to try and be cheaper than Root_Werks, i see nothing wrong with it....well, except that the guy wants parts for a 1.8 (they could be same, don't know, don't care smile.gif )
Part Pricer
My point is that I have never seen him make a post other than trying to sell something or defend his bad reputation.

Supposedly, the guy is knowledgeable but chooses not to share.

BTW, Root Werks is making a decent gross margin. At $135 the price is usurious.
eeyore
If somebody can post a picture / diagram of a 1.8 throttle switch, I'll dig through my pile of intake 1.8 parts. If I can find it, I'll GIVE it to you.

(You have to pay shipping. Are there any customs issues over this? From California to Canada)
eeyore
Is this it? I pulled it from the car 2 days after the car passed California smog -- out with 1.8, in with D-Jet 2.0.
Mueller
pictured above is the air flow meter, he needs the throttle position switch that is located on the throttle body...unless his description is way off
Cap'n Krusty
0 280 120 201. '74-'75. I may have one somewhere. Last list price I have for a new one is from 2000..... $50.10. Worldpac doesn't carry it, so the usual suspects are unlikely to have it either. Doesn't fit bus apps, but it MAY fit T4s, like there are any of THOSE around ............. The Cap'n
eeyore
Duh.....

D-Jet or L-jet? I think of L-jet when I hear 1.8.

How about this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.