Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car pics needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I want to see what goin' on in 914 Race Car Land right now.

Bill Pickering? Brad? JP? Randal? Andy? Theo? MikeZ? Others.

Anyone?...Anyone?

Need a fix. wacko.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
Nada from me. Wont start on Bills new ride until next week and I wont have any pics of the AutoX car until this weekend. Randal is in Napa with you this evening.. he isnt doing anything... JP wont start ripping into his car for another month or so...

You missed my ALL914.com web site. I showed you multiple cars that we built....

B
Trekkor
I REALLY need to see some photos, otherwise I come poking around in peoples yards. ohmy.gif

KT
airsix
Sorry. Top Secret. Pictures next week.

-Ben M.
Mueller
Sorry. Top Secret. Pictures next week

you already gave a hint in another post tonight....something to do with "snells"???? smile.gif smash.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(trekkor @ Sep 1 2004, 09:28 PM)
I REALLY need to see some photos

I don't have anything new to post. My car is sitting on the trailer with a For Sale sign.
Try searching some old threads. Here is one to calm you down.
If you come snooping around my yard - watch out for the dogs.
GTeener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 1 2004, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE(trekkor @ Sep 1 2004, 09:28 PM)
I REALLY need to see some photos

I don't have anything new to post.

Try searching some old threads. Here is one to calm you down.

So who owns the AZ Boxster?
J P Stein
Nuthin' here cept mainteniance. "The Season" runs thru early Nov......so the car stays together (hopefully biggrin.gif ) till after that.

Sold some property so I'm gonna some extra cash to dump into the black hole. My co-driver is gonna have to make a decision to either match my winters investment or put the money in his own car.

Mostly, I'm gonna loose some weight and get more tiar under it.......Bill is gonna sell me some of his
hand-me-downs....ready when you are, Bill.

I need to push out the rear fenders some more or go with some HPH rear fenders + front & rear FG hoods.
*MAYBE* even some light weight paint w00t.gif
Move a light weight battery to the front....5 gal fuel cell......the ulfer is gonna retire from street duty, me thinks. Gotta get this done by March 22 so's I came come down & kick some CA puke ass....big *talk*, eh laugh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 2 2004, 01:12 PM)

According to the race results the driver for this GT3 Boxster is Michael Lansky.
BTW he finished in 3rd place in the red race group.
GTeener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 2 2004, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE(GTeener @ Sep 2 2004, 01:12 PM)

According to the race results the driver for this GT3 Boxster is Michael Lansky.
BTW he finished in 3rd place in the red race group.

I wonder if Brad knows this guy and his car idea.gif
campbellcj
Well my checkbook just vomited on the car again barf.gif I'll try to take pics this weekend but quit a bit has changed since the last pics. As of today the fuel system is "done" and I plan to install the fire system tomorrow if feasible. I redid the seats/interior last weekend. Oh yeah there's a fresh set of R3S04's as well.

The funny thing is that lately most of what I do to this car will actually make it slower (i.e. safety & reliability mods) -- the powerplant won't get attention until next Spring at the earliest. I can only imagine what this car will be like w/ 250hp @ 2000lbs or less... happy11.gif
Trekkor
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 3 2004, 09:27 PM)
w/ 250hp @ 2000lbs or less...

Yessssssssss!! mueba.gif

Show me NOW!

KT
spare time toys
QUOTE(trekkor @ Sep 1 2004, 08:03 PM)
I want to see what goin' on in 914 Race Car Land right now.

Bill Pickering? Brad? JP? Randal? Andy? Theo? MikeZ? Others.

Anyone?...Anyone?

Need a fix. wacko.gif

KT

I can emil it to you but I can not get it to resize to where I can post it mad.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Sep 4 2004, 08:58 AM)

I can emil it to you but I can not get it to resize to where I can post it mad.gif

The official pichurereducingthingy of the 914club is Irfanview.....free download....figures... free is in our price range. laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
Yep. I know Michael Lansky. Spent time at his house in Arizona. Drank beer with him at Hooters... visited a local gentlemans club... he let me drive his modified BoxsterS all day (damn I need to call him...LOL) He bought the car from a guy who runs Mini's right now in Grand Am. Tony Nuzzo I think is his name.

B
Trekkor
Pics, Must...Have...More Pics.

Just go take a shot and post it! C'mon JP.

Brad, where's your a/x champion?

KT
campbellcj
I'll shoot some pics tomorrow at the track. The fuel system work by Ottos came out even nicer than I had anticipated. Also I installed the fire system today (4L Spa electric AFFF w/ 4 nozzles) except for the exterior switch -- the wires that came with it were too short even for a 914 installation! So now I am lot less afraid of me or the car burning up. ohmy.gif

I am however a little sketched out because I did not have time to test drive the car, in fact I haven't driven it out of the driveway in about 2 months. I put it on the trailer just as it got dark and my stomach was grumbling almost as loud as the car sounds. It would be a real drag to haul all the way to Willow and have my day wrecked by some ridiculous issue. Fingers crossed!
seanery
Chris,
did you run any nozzles into the engine compartment?
If so, is that chemical compatibale with magnesium?
brant
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 3 2004, 09:27 PM)
I can only imagine what this car will be like w/ 250hp @ 2000lbs or less... happy11.gif

Chris what displacement are you going with?

brant
Trekkor
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 4 2004, 08:53 PM)
I'll shoot some pics tomorrow at the track.

I'm dying, here!
Must...see...race...pics...gasp!

KT
J P Stein
A teaser:
spare time toys
here is ours
Trekkor
thank you, JP and Larry. clap56.gif

KT
campbellcj
The pics of my car from Sunday didn't come out very well due to the blazing efffin sun & shadows! I'll shoot a couple in the driveway next time the car comes out.

Sean, yes I put one nozzle in the upper-center (i.e. between the air filters) area of the engine compartment. The nozzles are designed for 90° dispersion @ 1M so should hit the fuel feed system pretty well and since it is a tight space, generally cover the engine-top. Great question about the magnesium compatibility and I don't know the answer! I'll try to find some info on that.
campbellcj
OK...I'll post the crappy pics cuz I dunno when I can realistically post more. Lemme know if there are any questions.
campbellcj
two
campbellcj
three
campbellcj
Four
campbellcj
Five
Levi
Here ya go, this one looks fast.. lol2.gif lol2.gif
beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Chris, that is AWESOME. clap56.gif

I hope my car will look that good someday!

Levi, where did you find my car? lol2.gif

KT
ChrisFoley
I just took some pics Monday. Here's a sample.
ChrisFoley
and
ChrisFoley
one more
seanery
Chris F.
How much fuel does your cell hold? Is it sufficient?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 8 2004, 09:27 AM)
How much fuel does your cell hold? Is it sufficient?

It holds about 6.5 gal.
I use nearly 5.5 gal in a 45 mile race.
I would have to pit too often in an enduro but it's fine for National sprint races.
Trekkor
Thanks for the pics here's some I shot today in Sonoma.
Trekkor
Through hood oil cooler
Trekkor
rear
spare time toys
This is whats going on with ours. Also keep an eye on the its kinda sorta going together thread
STL914
Check this out:

http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhot...281&template=48
spare time toys
heres the latest with helper no. 2
Trekkor
shot these at Sears today
Trekkor
biggrin.gif
Trekkor
3.8 ohmy.gif
Trekkor
this is nice
Trekkor
mo
Trekkor
SIX
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.