Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green 914 in Mississippi
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Never seen this car before this morning. if you are here on the board I seen you driving down HWY-90. and turned into the ship yard. Couldn't see if you went to the Naval Station or FSO. But give me a yell I was on the Bicycle this morning.

BTW nice car
DerekKim
Gautier eh? sweet. I'm headed down to Gulfport area on Sunday.
watsonrx13
Hey Joe, looks like the 914s are coming out of the 'wood work'. biggrin.gif.

Wow and down there on the 'Redneck Riviera'... smoke.gif
Joe Ricard
Do you smell what the south is cooking?????? Looks like a 914 get together. Derekkim I will just love it to drive over and talk 914's Where ya staying. Rob says he is coming this way too. 40 minute drive from where I am at. well 30 minutes in the teener. Let me know we can all meet up mueba.gif

Think Positive Rob "Frances go north"
72914S
How about me ? where could we meet? beer3.gif
DerekKim
We actually have a house down there and an apartment up in Oxford. Hmm dunno where we could meet. And the age thing my mom freaks out a bit with the whole meeting people some where online. Oh and Joe. Can I ask ya if you got your teener locally or if ya got it through internet etc.?
charlesmac
Yup, we can drive dem der sports cars down yunder! Wish i had one running. ahhh one day! saw a yeller one on 49 yesterday, almost ran my school bus in the ditch looking at it. There was a green one for sale in florence a few months ago, did it have a primered fender on the right side?

charles
DerekKim
Hmm I mgiht be able to see if we can meet at like Whataburger or something? No beerm ost likely(watches as everyone says no now) :-P
tommy914
Any of you Missipians gonna try an make it to the Fall Foliage (dead leaves) Classic?

I think I'm goin to. Just need ta see bout gettin off wurk.
DerekKim
Where is it at?
tommy914
at the top right hand corner of this page... click the link. smile.gif
charlesmac
Nope, caint make it, got band marchin competition to go to that sat. sad.gif

charles
Joe Ricard
Saw a yeller one on 49. Nope wasn't me. Had the Explorer yesterday barf.gif

Well there is always my place. I can fire up the grill and you can drink what ever you bring. Got the high school parking lot for any one that wants to wear off some tire tread.

I would say most of the club members are on the up and up. some are just a little wierd. Heck bring your mom if you want.

I bought my car through a guy here that recommended it to me through another site. Vortex. something or other Car was in Seattle I had my buddy go get it and store it in his workshop through the winter. Flew out at easter and drove it home. Search "Joe's new ride"

Apartment in Oxford means you are going to college there?

Pensacola is not that far. I was just there two weeks ago in my 914. I Autocrossed all day and drove home no sweat.

We got a real good Mexican restraunt here in Gautier La Fiesta Brava in the Singing river mall on Hwy 90. We could oogle the cars, eat and greet and talk cars. Then Cruise to the beaches and oogle our cars some more. Saturday is a cruise in at the local burger hut starts about 6 PM Be real cool to have a group of 914's be represented. Rob I can bring your engine so you can feel like you participated. lol2.gif

So here is the things we can do now we just got to choose. I vote for Saturday around noon ish for lunch in Gautier. But I'll go anywhere any time to see another 914.
DerekKim
Ahh ok. Nope no 914 yet. WE can breing my moms 04 Wagon TDI though lol. Yeah I went to the singing rivers mall a lil while back and goofed off with soem friends. Nah my mom is going to school up here on scholarship. I'm going to the community college for my auto collision repair. Haha burn rubber eh? I guess it would help if I got my liscense. Maybe she'll go for it. Mexican you say eh? We usually go to El Maguey's on the beach in Gulfport near 49 and 90 meet. I'll be in town Sunday night, monday and probably tuesday but not sure. Let me know.
Joe Ricard
Uh..... Does any of ya'll southern boys have a running 914 besides me? driving.gif Sunday is good for me also plus Monday is a Holiday too mueba.gif

Moms TDI wagon. wacko.gif
DerekKim
Haha yeah you get to witness the kick butt monsoon system. No I'm going to buy one in about a month. I'm actually a foreigner to the south. Born in Vegas.
tommy914
Mines running most of the time. I drove it a few weeks ago until the shifter bushing (original) at the firewall junction turned to powder.
But it will be ready for the 650 mile trip to the FFC at the end of October.
Joe Ricard
Ok I think I 'm in for a caravan at least. Cruisin the Coast is the 1st week in October. I would like to have a co-driver to go to the fall folliage. Don't want to be so tired that I can't enjoy the day (or two).
DerekKim
First week of October eh? If I don't have a job by then I'll try and make it down. We missed it last year but got to see the cars here and there as we drove to places we needed to go.
Joe Ricard
By the way ... What's a Monsoon. Tropical Rain storm???? No no no I got no radio in my car. Let alone one named after a bad weather event. Remember rain bad.... Dry good. 914's like dry. You are supposed to be driving not jamming to tunes!!!!! No cup holders either. Why because you are supposed to be driving!!!!

So when are you coming down here this weekend?
watsonrx13
Looks like we are still planning to make the trip, we'll worry about getting back home later.

How about getting together Saturday afternoon?

See you tomorrow.... cool_shades.gif
DerekKim
Actually mom is working tomorrow. That's why wwe're leaving Sunday. Labor Day is monday right? How about then? Yeah Monsoon is the factory upgrade for the VW. They're very nice systems. No cup holders either eh? Man that sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.