1988 Porsche 944 Turbo (aka Porsche 951) with 117k miles. Maraschino Red with Burgundy interior. I bought this car from an active PCA member. No expense in modifications and maintenance has been spared. I'm selling it to accommodate my growing family. I have all maintenance records, totaling $15k worth of work over 8 years. Has 117k miles (odo works), and all electrics work minus an intermittent cruise control issue.

Drivetrain:
-Top-end rebuilt 4 years ago, at the same time seals were replaced and bottom end checked
-Timing and balance shaft belt replaced last year
-Fuel lines upgraded with Rennbay lines this spring
-Clutch recently changed in great condition
-Oil religiously changed with Mobil 1 and mahle filters every 5k miles
-Autothority chip
-Timing and balance shaft belt replaced last year
-Fuel lines upgraded with Rennbay lines this spring
-Clutch recently changed in great condition
-Transaxle oil replaced with Redline MT-90 this spring (factory LSD Transaxle)
-Axles and CV joints replaced
-Cat-back straight exhaust is still CA smog legal
-Cryo-frozen slotted rotors in the front with Hawk HPS pads

Suspension:
-Koni Yellow adjustable inserts (front) shocks (rear)
-Welmeister Autocross springs
-Welmeister front and rear adjustable sway bars
-Racer's Edge spherical bushings/bearings on control arms
-Racer's Edge camber plates

Wheels:

-17" 911 Cup II wheels with relatively new Hankook Ventus Evo V12 tires

Interior:
-Harness bar with 5-point harness
-Stock power seat still works (Corbeau Racing bucket is included)
-Momo suede steering wheel
-New Rennbay leather shift boot
-New shifter and bushing
-JVC single-DIN headunit with Bluetooth and Boston Acoustic speakers in the doors.

Misc:

-Nose cover and factory burgundy sunroof bag.

This is the perfect car to take out to the track or for spirited drives on the weekends. Inside, the interior is in good shape, but it is a 20+ year old car. Cosmetically, the car isn't a garage queen, but the paint looks pretty decent. Mechanically, it is very, very sound. There are a couple small 944 things -- weeping around the power steering components, the cam tower, and the oil pan. But, the car uses absolutely no power steering fluid or oil, so the leaks are minimal. Also, the A/C is inoperable, but all parts present and accounted for.

Car passed smog on 1/28 with flying colors and reg was just paid for the next year.

Price is $6,500 OBO. Car is located in Long Beach, CA. Please email me to come view and drive the car.

Porsche 944 Turbo 911 930 968 964 924 928 914 Boxster Cayman

View the full article