Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Classic Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
seanery
I've been in contact with the producers regarding coverage for the Fall Foliage Classic. Our group is just a little too small. I mentioned the WCC and the fact that we'll be at Willow Springs. Their ears perked up a bit. Well that and the fact that I may have embellished on the numbers a bit. I told him we were hoping for 150 cars.

Anyway, if we want to put together a package describing the event, maybe some pics from last year etc...and get it to them by Nov/Dec it will allow us to get into the pool for discussion.
drew365
Sounds great. We should discuss it at lunch GAF weekend. Sorry to say I've never seen the show, but I don't watch too much TV. Maybe someone else has seen the show and would know what they will be looking for.
This would be a great way to get a sponsor involved in the track day.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 2 2004, 07:29 AM)
I've been in contact with the producers regarding coverage for the Fall Foliage Classic. Our group is just a little too small. I mentioned the WCC and the fact that we'll be at Willow Springs. Their ears perked up a bit. Well that and the fact that I may have embellished on the numbers a bit. I told him we were hoping for 150 cars.

Anyway, if we want to put together a package describing the event, maybe some pics from last year etc...and get it to them by Nov/Dec it will allow us to get into the pool for discussion.

With the right promo 150 is doable. Brad stated when he started the 04 planning thread he thought he could get 100 cars the first year. Brad is an asshole and a small B.S.'er but I think he could have done it if he'd had the time to invest. The event Jeff put together was on the fast track with a short planning time frame. We didn't hit that 100 mark for the first year but we did make it into the upper 70's! that's cool!
Howard
Rick, not to be a broken record, but did the boys ever make that CD? Would be a great promo tool for TV types and potential sponsors. Lots of pix floating around but I know they shot a bunch of video.
rick 918-S
Ya, I was supposed to mail it to Mac Mark so he can make and distribute copies but I failed miserably in sending it. I have a hundred excuses. All of which are lame as hell. I will make a real effort to send it this week after the holiday. I would burn some myself but just as I figured out how to do it the wifes puter crashed. So I'm mailing the only copy to Mark..... huh.gif
Howard
rick, don't tell me you have a life besides the 914club biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.