Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Barn stuff. Value? nova and tractor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Hi,
Friend is cleaning out a barn for friend..Maryland
He has the following...
Chevy 2 nova, 1962 or 63, 2 door, clean body, no rust, engine is v8 out of car.
Value? car has never been restored, all orginal

tractor is an international, 1950's vintage, ran 2 years ago, clean, not known if diesel or gas...it is big, about 5 foot tires.

lots of other stuff I need to see about....

any one have thoughts on where to get rid of it all for best $$$?
zymurgist
I'll haul away the Nova for free.
crash914
If it says SS does that mean anything? I am going to get the VIN and tractor model #. I know that will help.

I did hear that it is an SS.
Dr Evil
An SS tractor?! Wow!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Feb 6 2012, 06:39 AM) *

I'll haul away the Nova for free.

I will help him and buy you dinner.
billh1963
Yes....an SS Nova may mean something. Look on ebay for some value estimates.

Here is one for $15,000.

63 Nova SS

Running tractor may be $1000 to $3000 depending on fuel type and condition.
type47
SS= Super Sport, high performance version of many Chebbies of the day... (SS396,...)
matthepcat
The 63 Nova ss was just a visual package that year. Came with a 6cyl stock, and is a tight fit for a small block.

In this economy they can be had pretty "cheap" unless 100% complete and original.
rick 918-S
I had a 63 "SS" Factory 6 cylinder 3 sp manual on the floor. It should have a nice looking consul and most likely is an 2 sp aluminum powerglide auto trans. A restorable car could be a nice find. I wouldn't consider the one in the ebay link to be a good example. Although it's solid I doubt it will command anywhere near 15K. It's too personalized with the hood and paint color IMHO.

Without photos it's hard to give an opinion on value but off the cuff I'd say 1500.00-2500.00 if it's complete and depending on condition.
Eric_Shea
It's too personalized with the hood and paint color IMHO.

And the Cherry Bombs. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 6 2012, 10:15 AM) *

It's too personalized with the hood and paint color IMHO.

And the Cherry Bombs. biggrin.gif

Love the Cherry Bombs! aktion035.gif Cherry Bombs and Mulletts
a914622
What does the back of the V8 flywheel look like? Full round? One notch, or 2 notch? post a pic.

See if you can trade it for a 356

jcl
warrenoliver
Need more info on the tractor. Is the tractor a narrow front or wide front axle? It should be easily identified as an H or M (very common tractors) or it could be one of the number series 300, 400, etc. . Is it a diesel or gas - check if it has spark plugs. Does it run? Does the engine turn over? Does it have hydraulics or just the quick hitch?

Value is hard to determine until one knows a lot more about it but just like our cars, if the sheet metal is in good shape and it runs it is worth a lot more than a rusty piece. The other thing that will affect value is the condition of the rear tires if they are worn or don't hold air, it will cost $600 -$1000 to replace.

If everything is in good shape and it runs, figure $1000 - $2000.
Prospectfarms
To ID the IH tractor model: Tractordata.com
2009-2010 sale prices: Yesterdaystractors.com
Good luck.
crash914
Tractor looks like 400 series, diesel, new tires all the way around.. could be a nice one...very clean.
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(crash914 @ Feb 7 2012, 10:15 AM) *

Tractor looks like 400 series, diesel, new tires all the way around.. could be a nice one...very clean.

IH "Farmall 400" = made in 1950's, @40 HP, heavy, row crop tractor but not as collectible as a "Farmall M," which it replaced.

IH 404,423..., et seq., = made in 1960's in England, Germany, and USA, @35 HP, a little lighter, utility tractors.

In general, diesel's see a big price premium. Tire condition, as the other poster stated, is also important. I saw a 424 sell for $4,500 a few months ago.

falconfp2001
I'd love to see a pic of the Nova?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.