old and new PASSENGER side
SpecialK
Mmmmmmm....New Parts wub.gif
opera guy
driver side close up
opera guy
passenger side close up
Rhodes71/914
Thought I was the only one that worked on my car in Birks.

Those look pretty nice, might have to get me some.
opera guy
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Sep 2 2004, 01:29 PM)
Thought I was the only one that worked on my car in Birks.

Those look pretty nice, might have to get me some.

birks rule... its like my 10th pair.. always the same... Milano 41 regular, black lether smilie_pokal.gif
nebreitling
tree hugger.

:finger2: :finger2: :finger2: :finger2: :finger2:
Rhodes71/914
tree hugger.

Now now don't make those kind of assumptions.

Birkenstocks happen to be some of the most comfortable shows on the planet, Not to mention that they are good for ya feet.
opera guy
QUOTE(Rhodes71/914 @ Sep 2 2004, 02:08 PM)
tree hugger.

Now now don't make those kind of assumptions.

Birkenstocks happen to be some of the most comfortable shows on the planet, Not to mention that they are good for ya feet.

word monkeydance.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 2 2004, 02:47 PM)
tree hugger.

:finger2: :finger2: :finger2: :finger2: :finger2:

i was gonna say hippie smoke.gif
IronHillRestorations
Why'd ya get two new ones? One of those is stainless and looks like it just needs a clean up.

Note how much thicker the exhaust pipe to head sealing surface on the OEM exhaust. One of the things I wish theyd've done better on the stainless ones.

Just my .02

PK cool.gif
Ctrout
I was thinking that the old driver's side one looked stainless too. I thought to myself, When you throw the old ones away, throw them in my direction. biggrin.gif
opera guy
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 2 2004, 08:36 PM)
Why'd ya get two new ones? One of those is stainless and looks like it just needs a clean up.

Just my .02

PK cool.gif

i had to buy them in pairs, the seller would not break them up. got a really good deal on the pair, so i figure if my old SS one is in good shape after i clean it up, i'll sell it slowly. it is actually in really good shape, the old SS driver side one, that is
Tab914
Nothing like new parts!! wink.gif
Looks like there is oil on the old passenger side one. Is your valve cover on that side leaking??
SpecialK
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 2 2004, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Sep 2 2004, 02:47 PM)
tree hugger.

:finger2:  :finger2:  :finger2:  :finger2:  :finger2:

i was gonna say hippie smoke.gif

Hey...I (used to) resemble that remark. Got my 'tail' amputated 8 months ago. Damn near threw my neck out doin' the "get-the-hair-out-of-your-face" move for a couple of weeks afterward smoke.gif.......but I got better! rolleyes.gif
maf914
Hey Opera Guy, Brad loves it when you post photos of your feet! laugh.gif

I used to wear Birks, but at $100 a pair I said the hell with that. Now I wear Land's End take-offs for $30 a pair. Just as good. I like 'em.

Yeah, yeah, I know, cheap ass 914 owner! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
you might think about dressing the tops of the pipes with a big file before you put them on. a file big enough to do both on one he at the same time. you don't need to be heavy handed. just brighten them up. inspect the seating surface on the heads too. you might find some old rtv and/or some carbon build up. you're going to like the big time heat you get with the new ones.
opera guy
QUOTE(Tab914 @ Sep 2 2004, 11:01 PM)
Nothing like new parts!! wink.gif
Looks like there is oil on the old passenger side one. Is your valve cover on that side leaking??

i think that was an old leak that got taken care of. the old/dirt/grime is not recent. i just did the valves last week, and used new valve cover gasket. there wasnt any leaks that i could see before i remove the covers to do the valve job
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.