Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 Mirror Part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
I may be looking for a needle in a haystack but here goes. I need the chrome 90 degree elbow for a factory 914 mirror. See picture below for clarification of what part I'm after.

I purchased a NOS factory 914 mirror and the chrome plating on this part is less than 100%. I'm hoping to find this part in excellent condition.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Greg
markb
If you bought NOS, send it back & get a replacement.
Tom_T
QUOTE(markb @ Feb 6 2012, 01:11 PM) *

If you bought NOS, send it back & get a replacement.

agree.gif

BTW - these are still available NEW from Porsche & the other usual suspects.....err.....suppliers - both L & R mirrors, including the very slightly convex pass. side one if you're wanting to add that margin of safety to your 74 project (I got both sides new for my 73 2L resto & they were perfect).

If you bought it from one of them, call them & insist on a proper replacement & they should comply, but if a private seller selling NOS it may be a bit harder. dry.gif

If no satisfaction from seller, try credit card complaint/purchase coverage route, or bite the bullet & buy 1 or both new ones from Porsche & just resell this one with proper disclosures. It's not worth the hassle to try to replace the part (a real PITA) to hope to get to 100%.
gcrotvik
Thanks Mark and Tom for your replies.

Unfortunately, my only option is to return the mirror. I got it for a steal ($125.00) and it is flawless except for the chrome plating on the elbow. It will be more cost effective to find the part I'm after than to return the mirror and purchase another NOS mirror for $250.00 +/-.

So, still looking for this part.

Thanks to all.

Greg
hencar
Greg,

I think I may have the part you need. Email me at hcarraro@hughes.net and I will check my stash. This is the later style mirror I assume because the elbow is longer than the early year models.

Thanks in advance,

Henry

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Feb 8 2012, 02:53 PM) *

Thanks Mark and Tom for your replies.

Unfortunately, my only option is to return the mirror. I got it for a steal ($125.00) and it is flawless except for the chrome plating on the elbow. It will be more cost effective to find the part I'm after than to return the mirror and purchase another NOS mirror for $250.00 +/-.

So, still looking for this part.

Thanks to all.

Greg

boxstr
Greg I have a bunch of outside mirror parts at CAMP 914. You are welcome to come out and look.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.