Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
After driving the black submarine for.. about a yeer-n-a-haf.. I have decided to start drinking again.

Has anyone had Little Kings Creme Ale recently, and where?

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 2 2004, 04:42 PM)
Has anyone had Little Kings Creme Ale recently, and where?

beer3.gif

Little Kings Cream Ale
An interesting style of beer that is an American invention. Cream Ale is a cross between an ale and a lager.  Little Kings Cream Ale is brewed in the Queen City, Cincinnati, and comes in 7-ounce bottles, hence the name, "Little".  These reminded me of Cinci Cream Ale which was purchased in quantity in my youth by my buddies and I who used to pick it up for $5 a case.  Cream Ale is rather smooth, not really creamy, but gives you the slight skunky (in a good way this time) and citrusy taste that is present with ales.
ArtechnikA
since this seems to be turning into a thread for obscure and long-lost beers, i'd love to have a handle on some EKU 28 ...
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif

The Miles Hendrix Drinking and Driving Reunion Tour~!

"Have you been drinking, Mr. Hendrix?"

"Wha d yooooo thing?"

M
Allan
I wooooood appreeeeesiate another John Courage pleeeeze? blink.gif
davidcalvin
I just re-discovered an obscure Austrian beer that I found while traveling there years and years ago.

Its called Gooser... Its pretty good. But it was better over there because _there_ they do not carbonate it. So you can guzzle really fast and get incredibly drunk.

Yum.
morgan
beer is food!!!! beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
mack914
Red Ribbon, it's an ugly beer, Mon!!
mack914
barf.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif barf.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif wacko.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(morgan @ Sep 2 2004, 06:30 PM)
beer is food!!!!

Soylent Green Is People !!!! chowtime.gif
d7n7master
Let's not forget a shout out to Carlsberg Elephant Malt. Two of those when I was 18 - I mean 21 & I was smash.gif
drunk.gif
beer3.gif
LS6/914
Moosedrool beerchug.gif beer3.gif On my way to PJs market now. Lar
seanery
Red Tail Ale beerchug.gif
GWN7
Manitoba 200 13.5% A birthday beer to celibrate the Province getting older. A 6 pack was a party unto it's self.
Rhodes71/914
Chimay Peres Trappistes Ale. I know it sounds snooty but dam it's good and it's 9%.
Is it OK to take a goblet into the garage? no pint glasses for this stuff.

beerchug.gif
sgomes
http://members.fortunecity.com/bobo69/id52.htm

it's a random location so don't blame me about the website. Click on "incohol.wav"
Ctrout
I brew a pretty good imperial stout. My dad used to collect beers. I remember he had M*A*S*H* beer and one called Old Frothingslosh. Delerium Tremens is not bad. Comes in the coolest bottle too, with pink elephants on it.
redshift
I got out to the studio, started playing guitar..... and snorting crack, and totally forgot to make a beer run..

-whaaah whaaaaaah-

Still open for 15 minutes....

m
Mike D.
Two Words!

Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barley Wine Ale! - biggrin.gif beer3.gif

Alcohol content so high they can't just call it beer.

-Mike D.

P.S. I got too much blood in my alcohol system... wink.gif
SpecialK
Samual Smith's 'Oatmeal Stout' used to be my "It's Friday, let the weekend begin" livation! boldblue.gif .....Big pint bottle, and it tasted great even after it got warm on you in the off chance it did (which incidentally, is a BIG NO-NO when it comes to the Anheuser-Busch line of products soooo popular in this neck of the woods icon8.gif )
redshift
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2004, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE(morgan @ Sep 2 2004, 06:30 PM)
beer is food!!!!

Soylent Green Is People !!!! chowtime.gif

...lmao...

and that's not my finger..

M
SLITS
Cooper's 4X Ale,
Toothsheaf Stout,
Old Oak Ale (Prescott, AZ micro brewery)
nocones
Boonville Brewery Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout. drooley.gif
Beer you can chew! Yes a spoon will stand up straight in a pint of this stuff, then fall over drunk. beer3.gif

Mmmm... Beer...

Michael
porschefool
Why is it that BEER is such an integral part of 914 ownership (no offense to those of you who prefer soda, or cheap whiskey)?
At first you're celebrating, then you're all pissed off at the damn thing so you decide to get drunk, then when it's fixed you need to celebrate...

Repeat as necessary.

I love Little Kings, wish I could find 'em around here!

Beer rules. :finger2: beer.gif beer.gif
tdgray
wub.gif beer3.gif

Cars and Beer just go together.... it's the natural order at it's finest. At least that's what I tell me wife when she asks why I am going to get another keg of Blue for the garage beermiester.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif
aircooledboy
Every time I hear or see "Little Kings", I remember this story:

College, December 1983, athlete's dorm. I thought I was a slob until I met my college roomate, Jim. OH MY GOD!!! ohmy.gif One night were are getting hammered playing drinking games in our room, full of people, and he decides that I drank his 6 pack of Little Kings, despite the fact that we have been together the entire night. I say "you're full of shit AND drunk", we wrestle around for a while drink more and go to bed (or pass out,it's hard to say). Skip ahead to June, moving out of the dorm day. Jim finally takes all his dirty clothes out of his closest (I saw this guy do laundry 3x that entire year), and lo and behold at the bottom of the pile is his long lost 6 pack of Little Kings bottles. They are all still sealed, but each one is full of SOLID black and green and white mold barf.gif barf.gif

One of the grossest things I have ever seen in my life. To this day I cannot even think about drinking a Little Kings
balljoint
My favourite regular drinkin' beer is the Moosehead.

24 Moose please.

For a bit of fun try the Quebec microbrewery offering of: "La Fin du Monde"

Translation? The game is up. Your ass is mine.
balljoint
And then there is Stella.
brant
I've got a couple of local favorites:

Locally there is the Oskar Brewing Company. A tiny little blues bar with a micro brewery. They make Dales Ale, which was picked up by one of the airlines about a year ago. (maybe delta or united?)

One of this brewery's claim to fame, is that all of their products are canned and not bottled. Anyways I was asking the management if the airline contract was creating a lot of change for them...

He tells me that "Yeah" they had to hire a 2nd guy to run the HUMAN POWERED, lever operated, manual canning machine.... seems that their demand had trippled and the one guy with the BIG arm, couldn't keep up with making so many cases in a day!!!

but my favorite of their beers is called: OLD CHUB, and its a scottish style ale. If I ever make it to a teener gathering I'll bring some along.

Another local micro-brew makes a very similar scottish style ale, that is usually on nitro tap. Stuff will kick your butt and must be 8% or so...

Theirs is called: KILT LIFTER ALE

If any of you get out to colorado, remind me to buy you one. Just promise that you won't lift your kilt while I'm around!

brant
SGB
If I was in Stuttgart I would have a Dinkle Acker (although Stuttgart had it's own beer but I don't recall any of the names). In the place I lived- Neu Ulm, between Stuttgart and Munich- one local beer was called "Munster" and the other was "Zapp".
These days I tend toward Becks. beer3.gif
Brad Roberts
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Keystone

The Pabst brings backl memories of my Grandfather sitting in a lawn chair out in front of his garage.

Keystone for when I was making 12$ an hour at age 18.

B
red914
guinness for strength

it goes well with soylent green!
DNHunt
Tough to beat a good Hefe with lots of yeast. So cloudy you can't see through it. Plenty of protein. Get healthy and hammered at the same time.

Dave
Kevin@ojai.net
Barney Flats makes one of the best outmeal stouts out there. YUMMY!
1554 by New Belgium is one of my favorites.
I had Moosedrool a while back, didn't like it too much.
Bass always hits the spot when I want a pale, and am not in a town where Sierrra Nevada is the cheap stuff...
I like my homebrew porter ALOT, my oatmeal stout still needs a bit of work -- it's good, but not as good as Barney Flats.
I currently have been drinking a fair amount of Butte Creek's red ale -- its pretty good.
When Sierra Nevada's Big Foot is being made I make sure to get atleast a six pack.
Santa Barbra Brewing Co. made one hell of an IPA about a month back. But I went back and they were out sad.gif
Stone makes a lot of good brews, Arrogant Bastard is probably my favorite of theirs.
Oh, I can't forget Poligamy Porter. When I was in Park City UT, it was a pretty good brew.

-Kevin
beer3.gif
Bruce Allert
ain't had a PBR since I left Nort Dakota....

BUT.....

with a PBR ya GOTTA have a shot of sumpin'..... anything, as long as it's sumpin' laugh.gif

and then there's mah reg'lar

FAT TIRE beer.gif

..........b
iamchappy
Any beer, I likum cold. As for domestics Grain Belt premium, or a good old Bud longhorn.
Little Kings were always enjoyable but preferred a case of Grainbelt ponies as they were called back in the 60's and 70's, 7oz bottles or golden nectar. They were a grown ups wax bottle pop for those who are old enough to remember those.
red914
pretty much anything from the Deschutes Brewery is good beer.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif . Bruce, you ever try any of that (more or less) local stuff?
Bleyseng
I had 30 days of Leffe, Brand, Palm, Amstel, Mythos (Greek) and am now back to sour tasting beer of the USA. I couldn't get enough of that Mythos when is Crete, damn smooth beer they make there.
Yamos!!!!

Geoff beerchug.gif
reverie
All this talk is making me thirsty, and it's only mid-morning here.. too early for beer. But it's early evening over in Europe, so if you're still feeling some jet lag, Geoff.. eh? smile.gif
scotty
Tough to beat a good Hefe with lots of yeast

Ah, summer. nothing like drinking your sandwich for lunch. Any good local brew on tap at McMenamin's. That said, this one is good...especially on oil change day:
Verruckt
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 3 2004, 05:40 PM)
If I was in Stuttgart I would have a Dinkle Acker (although Stuttgart had it's own beer but I don't recall any of the names).  In the place I lived- Neu Ulm, between Stuttgart and Munich- one local beer was called "Munster" and the other was "Zapp".
These days I tend toward Becks. beer3.gif

HEY!!! I lived across the river in Ulm, and also in a small town outside of Ulm called Hörvelsingen. I do remember the Münster brauerei though. I was going work there on an apprenticeship but got homesick and moved back home. You ever go to that brewpub on the river? It was on the Neu Ulm side? It opened in 94 I think? Wow, what a small world. drunk.gif
Red-Beard
"Scheafer - is the - one to have - when you're haveing more than one!"

Uggh. But catchy tune!

College was either "The Beast" or "Carling's Black Lable Light".

CBLB was, in 1984, was something like 99 cents a sixpack. Cheaper than soda.

These days my preference run to SNPA or maybe Stone Pale ale outta Temecula, CA.

Course, I'm in Mexico right now and the best I can find is Negro Modelo.

When in Rome... givemebeer.gif
72914S
Repeat after me; My name is(fill in the blank) and I like beer! I heard no one mention my fav. "ROLLING ROCK" There are lots of micro brewerys with good ones,but a cold Rollin Rock goes down so smooth. beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
I’m not that picky, I almost always grab what’s on sale, but here is the short list:

Canadian
Black Label Ice
Moosehead
Blue
Blue light

BTW your "imported" canadian beer is NOT the real thing.
brp914
3 words: Fosters Special Bitter. Better than any micro brew, without having to go to one, and w/o the price. There need not be any other beer. Only comes in green 25 oz can. beer.gif
iamchappy
Negro Modelo

yummy
TimT
Yuenglings!!
Verruckt
QUOTE(TimT @ Sep 6 2004, 09:35 AM)
Yuenglings!!

OMG!!!!!

I have met so few people who have ever heard of that brewery!

I'd kill for a case of premium right about now. <_<
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Sep 6 2004, 09:38 AM)
QUOTE(TimT @ Sep 6 2004, 09:35 AM)
Yuenglings!!

OMG!!!!!

I'd kill for a case of premium right about now.

popular local beer. "America's oldest brewery" is their claim i believe.
would you trade a case of Yuengling for a case of EKU 28? i know where to find Yuengling :-) ...

BTW - unless i'm remembering the wrong people, the Yuengling people will be supporting and a prominent fixture at Parade 2005 in Hershey. make your plans now ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.