Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jarbuthnot
The engine is a brand new 2L. The hiccups are mostly in low gears at 3K-4K RPMs. My mechanic thinks this is due to the fact that he can't adjust the fuel injection mixture. He doesn't have the right equipment (a gas analyzer?). Does this sound right?
Cap'n Krusty
Naaaahhhh. Does it happen at steady throttle? Look at the throttle switch. Check the points, the ground wire on the breaker plate, and the wiring to the distributor and coil. HTH, The Cap'n
jarbuthnot
Thanks, Cap'n. I forgot to mention, I'm not mechanical. What is steady throttle?
lapuwali
He means does it do it only while you're accelerating, or while you're just cruising along at a set speed?
redshift
Bucking?

Sounds like the Throttle Position Switch.. it's an easy fix, Otto sent me a crappy one too.

smile.gif

M
Bleyseng
He is not supposed to adjust the fuel fix as it is set by the factory. What injection parts are you using for the 2.0l? The injection off the 1.7L? The injectors are? What MPS and ECU?
All the parts and injection pieces must match or you will have problems.

It does sound like a TPS problem but at the wrong rpm.

Geoff
redshift
Maybe Geoff... but she says low gears, and that is where that buck stands up!

Yank-Yank! Yank!

smile.gif

You know too much!

M
Bleyseng
It is usually around 2500-3000rpms as you cruise in 3rd going from off throttle to on throttle due to the worn out traces in the TPS.
Bad transitions at higher rpms sometimes are due to bad A/F mix due to mixed up Djet parts in my experience.
Just shooting in the dark trying to guess what could be the problem.......

More info would help....

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.