Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OH NO! FFC realization!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
SpecialK
Had a little PM session with fellow BBS member to see if he might be attending the FFC. He indicated that he probably pass on making it this time due to paint job issues on his 914 (needs one bad appearantly!). He didn't want to be embarrassed by all of the pristine examples that will show up there. It got me thinking (infrequent occurence), "Hey!! ohmy.gif ...My DAPO POS paint jobs sucks BAD, tops faded, bumpers are rusty and the back one's had a mastectomy. Geez, they're going to make me park down the street unsure.gif , they'll laugh at it like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, and avoid it like they owe it money!! sad.gif

Please tell me there'll be an award for ugliest 914 unsure.gif
Jeroen
Don't worry about it...
It could be worse (like going there without a 914 or not going at all)

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
dirtiest engine bay
seanery
btw, who cares what it looks like?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 2 2004, 06:37 PM)
btw, who cares what it looks like?

agree.gif

and if they give you a hard time, well, you could always pee on their cars ...
wink.gif Andy
SpecialK
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 2 2004, 05:37 PM)
dirtiest engine bay

It's dirty, but I don't know if it's "award winning filthy".....hmmmm...a can of WD40 and a few high-speed runs down the dirt road, and it's mine! smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif
Pnambic
If you have a living breathing teener, you're ahead of me.....for now. wink.gif beer.gif
I was there last year without a teener and had an awesome time!

I'll be there again this year, with or without a teener.
seanery
I'll be there again this year, with or without a teener.

me too
SpecialK
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 2 2004, 05:48 PM)
and if they give you a hard time, well, you could always pee on their cars ...
wink.gif Andy

Good point Andy...See if their rain tray is installed correctly. laugh.gif
kafermeister
Kevin, you gotta be joking, right? Remember, this is the crowd where one of the cars that was at the event last year was a parts car (Doug?)!

smilie_pokal.gif

Seriously, don't worry about paint. Mine still looks like my avitar.

Rick
Pnambic
HAHAHA Remember Melon's car last year? laugh.gif w00t.gif

I wonder how he's made out on that... idea.gif
seanery
yeah, it was Craig's car. Doug's wasn't near that bad. He's driving it again this year.
VegasRacer
NO excuses! Just GO, and drive your teener!

IPB Image
I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough and Doggone it, People Like Me.
Engman
Yeah - you havta come. The good news - The info that is available there is just gonna be freaking awesome. The tips and tricks that can be learned will save you both time and money. The vendor freebies are just awesome.

The bad news - you WILL come away wanting to do more to your 914 than you planned. You will WANT a SIX maybe even an EIGHT (if the Alien shows confused24.gif ).

M
GaroldShaffer
He indicated that he probably pass on making it this time due to paint job issues on his 914 (needs one bad appearantly!). He didn't want to be embarrassed by all of the pristine examples that will show up there
laugh.gif

Pristine examples...... well there will be some, but mine will be there and it is far from pristine. Tell your friend to register and come and have fun, that's what its all about.
party.gif

And you better show or we will come looking for ya
gunner.gif ninja.gif beerchug.gif
GWN7
At Least you will be bringing a 914....I'll be in my truck. Why? Because by the time I'd get home if I drove the 914 I'd be frozen like a popsicle. biggrin.gif
kafermeister
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 2 2004, 11:04 PM)
At Least you will be bringing a 914....I'll be in my truck...

Me too. I might at least be able to find my 914world.com door magnets.
SpecialK
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Sep 2 2004, 07:00 PM)
He indicated that he probably pass on making it this time due to paint job issues on his 914 (needs one bad appearantly!). He didn't want to be embarrassed by all of the pristine examples that will show up there
laugh.gif

Pristine examples...... well there will be some, but mine will be there and it is far from pristine. Tell your friend to register and come and have fun, that's what its all about.
party.gif

And you better show or we will come looking for ya
gunner.gif ninja.gif beerchug.gif

Actually, kind of started this thread to goad "him" into changing his mind about going wink.gif. Although I do feel alot better about the car I'm bringing now. biggrin.gif
SLITS
How 'bout an '86 Honda with 914H S written in ketchup on the rear bumper (hey it was a 2L)? The only bummer was it didn't have a targa top, but I did open the sunroof laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 3 2004, 01:23 AM)
How 'bout an '86 Honda with 914H S written in ketchup on the rear bumper (hey it was a 2L)? The only bummer was it didn't have a targa top, but I did open the sunroof laugh.gif

lol brought to you by the National Ketchup Council, and Honda.

M
aircooledboy
Hey, my Silver Streak is the proud holder of the title "Pig of the Show, MWC 2004" smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif and I went, and I had a great time and I met some great people. We're going to the Foliage run, and the Streak may defend her title, or the V8 might be ready, or we might drive the family truckster. But we ARE going. After the fun we had at the MWC, I will try not to miss another event within reasonable distance, 914 equiped or not. beerchug.gif
seanery
Did I just see Joe Ricard post that he is coming up from Mississippi?
Brad Roberts
Run Whatcha brung.. I have heard this over and over again from people (my 914 is'nt nice enough).... only the very few and very lucky START out with a nice 914. Most of us have owned at least 2-3 914's that had at least ONE primered panel..LOL

Please people. DO NOT think that you have to have a pristeen concourse weenie car to attend ANY of these events.

The whole idea is CAR COUNT. Doest matter what they look like as long as they roll on 4 wheels.

B
Britain Smith
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 4 2004, 12:15 AM)

The whole idea is CAR COUNT. Doest matter what they look like as long as they roll on 4 wheels.

It might be nice if they run under there own power also...just a thought.

Seriously, run what you brung and have a good time, that is all that matters.

-Britain
SpecialK
[quote=Britain Smith,Sep 4 2004, 10:02 AM]
[/QUOTE]
It might be nice if they run under there own power also...just a thought.

[/quote]
4 Wheels?? Running?? Crap.....Now you tell me!! Well the DACO (Dumb-ass 'Current' Owner rolleyes.gif ) decided this would be a good time to work out some little "bugs" with the car he plans to "drive" to the FFC. Should've just ran down to the local bait store if I needed a 'can of worms' that bad headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.