Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front trunk lid alignment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ctrout
I have tried in vain to get my front trunk lid, fenders, and headlights aligned properly. No matter what I do, one or the other always seems crooked. I don't think that the car has ever been hit so I use the fenders as the reference standard. The hood looked straight in reference to the fenders so I moved the lights around to no avail. So then I moved the hood and now it all looks crooked. Any tips or tricks on how to line everything up? By the way, I also tried a search and came up empty.
SpecialK
You could try taking the narrowest gap, and widest gap, add them together, divide by two and make shims that thick. Loosen the hood attach bolts just enough to still allow movement with a medium amout of force. Close the hood, place the shims around the perimeter of the hood (a couple per side, and around the headlights and so forth). CAREFULLY pop the hood just enough for an assistant to get a socket on the bolts.

Never actually tried it, but it seems feasible confused24.gif
SirAndy
if the hood lines up with the fenders, leave it alone.

it's all in the headlights then. aligning those can be tricky ...

show us what you have so far!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SpecialK
Andy's got a point about the pictures....cause a picture's worth 914 words.. lol2.gif

Okay...I'll just finish the Becks and go to bed beerchug.gif
Ctrout
Kind of hard for me to get a good picture that really shows the problem well. Here's the driver's side.
Ctrout
Driver's side again
SirAndy
back off a little ... biggrin.gif

give us the "bigger" picture.
Andy
Ctrout
Oh well. The "forum" isn't letting me post any of the other pics. I guess I'll try again later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.