Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wife's Mini against my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Even with a head start over 1/4 mile I still caught the Mini before the highway. She knew I was coming but could do nothing about it.
Once on the highway she and the Cooper S whipped my ass but I owned it on the curvy stuff.
SLITS
And your wife is Lynn St James Ricard? laugh.gif
thesey914
nice going biggrin.gif
anthony
Even with a head start over 1/4 mile I still caught the Mini before the highway. She knew I was coming but could do nothing about it.

Minis do pretty well on AX courses so I think she wasn't pushing it as hard as you. With two equal drivers I think it would be pretty tough to make up 1/4 mile on any course.
Joe Ricard
Yea I agree the car is probably capable of going just as fast as the 914. However don't tell her that. Then I will never be able to upgrade to a John Cooper Works 210 HP package. biggrin.gif

The Minin Cooper S does rule H stock class. For some reason they all think I belong in C Street prepared. Which givs me lots of wigle room for engine mods. mueba.gif
lapuwali
Bah...it's not a REAL Mini! One of those overweight overpowered overbraked pretend Minis, that is. Proper Minis have 5mm of suspension travel, drum brakes all round, and a whopping 40hp. Race one of those and it would be a different story... biggrin.gif
SLITS
Uh... you're a little low on the HP of the Cooper S with the 1275. And the 948 made 60 as I remember.

But agree.gif they aren't the real Minis - just a poor copy for marketing to those who weren't old enough or are to soft to remember

REAL SPORTSCARS

watsonrx13
Quit betting on your wife, let her win. If she wins, then you can order more parts 'until you beat her'..... biggrin.gif

Looks like it's a GO for the trip tomorrow. (I know I sent you an e-mail saying we went coming, but things are changing for the better).

Are you up for getting together Saturday afternoon?
lapuwali
Uh... you're a little low on the HP of the Cooper S with the 1275. And the 948 made 60 as I remember.

Pshaw, the 1275 is for sissies (ignore that block over there in the corner, it's not really there. Uh, just storing it for a friend...really). All those extra carbs. Real men only use one teeny SU...

The 948, btw, was never used in a Mini. It was used in the Minor and the A30 before the Mini, and the Spridgets after, but the story was they put it in the first Mini and were concerned it was too fast (!). Outdragged the (heavier) Bugeye available at the time, which just wasn't going to do. So, they destroked it to 848cc. 34 smokin' HP. I've pushed mine to 60mph. I've had my 998 all the way up to 70! Nothing's more exciting than that, I can tell you. Except maybe for overcooking your 7" drums on a series of steep downhill hairpins and having the pedal hit the floor.

There are people out there that actually think these things are fast.
Joe Ricard
Yea mueba.gif Rob's coming to get a sissy car ride. finger.gif Saturday is good for me.. Plan on handcuffing myself to the engine stand. Would you believe I snapped a case bolt before it came to torque. 15lbs on the bottom rear bolt (below the bell housing). Just one of them slow twisting wrong feelings and then it let go in slow motion. I have a craftsman deflecting beam torque wrench. crap!!!! headbang.gif Broke flush with the top of the hole. If all else fails i can separate the case again. loctite 518 I hear is pretty vicious to part again.

Rob just give me a call I'll be home.
GaroldShaffer
For some reason they all think I belong in C Street prepared. Which givs me lots of wigle room for engine mods.

If the SCCA goes with the changes planned for next year all 4 cyl 914 with be moved to DSP. Since I'm new to SCCA AX thing I'm not sure what that means. confused24.gif
I guess it get us away from those damn Miata's blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.