Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gear ratios
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I know I've seen this here but I am having trouble with the search, so please point me in the right direction.
McMark
Google '901 gear ratios'. First link. tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

The info in also in the Wiki (link at top of page).
jimkelly
pic lifted off this site - aaron i think
Dr Evil
Flipped ZD is n the wrong place on that chart, it was done up by Aaron Cox.

It is a pretty good place to start. Race914 also has a spread sheet that you can input to and it will calculate things for you.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 7 2012, 11:17 PM) *

Google '901 gear ratios'. First link. tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

The info in also in the Wiki (link at top of page).

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 8 2012, 09:44 AM) *

Flipped ZD is n the wrong place on that chart, it was done up by Aaron Cox.

It is a pretty good place to start. Race914 also has a spread sheet that you can input to and it will calculate things for you.

Thanks, guys- I am delving in areas where i previously lurked, where i previously "feared to tread" looking forward to the clinic, Doc

phil
J P Stein
I find it a bit odd that guys put a butt load of T,M,E, & maintenance into their motors but transmissions get treated like a red headed step child. As a consequence, Dr. Evil does well chasing 914 transmissions all over hell & gone......it seems to me to be a hell of a service to the community but...transmissions are a very basic part of the car. confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Feb 8 2012, 11:20 AM) *

I find it a bit odd that guys put a butt load of T,M,E, & maintenance into their motors but transmissions get treated like a red headed step child. As a consequence, Dr. Evil does well chasing 914 transmissions all over hell & gone......it seems to me to be a hell of a service to the community but...transmissions are a very basic part of the car. confused24.gif

All true. We are probably spoiled knowing that the Dr, Rich Castro and a couple others can take a used up trans and restore it quickly and reasonable $. When the motors go bad and need a rebuild, I don't think there is any getting around lots of time and cash.
Mark Henry
I'm doing a 3.0 and I have a rebuilt /4 trans (Evil's Canada clinic).
I have an HB gear set (and a Z)
What gear ratio (and RPM at 75mph) would that give me?
I'm looking at better hwy mileage, digging into the box is no problem, but is it worth it?
Dr Evil
HB is fine and you would flip it to place in 5th. It is worth it to change. I would change some of the others as well.
ClayPerrine
I actually have the factory 901 ratio chart at home. It was scanned and posted here a long time ago.

IPB Image

Dr Evil
Here is a chart I made that includes flipped ratios. It makes for a good quick reference.
Mark Henry
So whats a flipped HB? wink.gif
Dr Evil
Not complete, obviously tongue.gif

A flipped HB is an HB the is run in reverse confused24.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 9 2012, 04:48 PM) *

Not complete, obviously tongue.gif

A flipped HB is an HB the is run in reverse confused24.gif

Smartass slap.gif

shades.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Feb 9 2012, 04:15 PM) *

Smartass slap.gif

shades.gif

Better than being a dumbass! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.