Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 returns to life
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
New engine is in the car and fired it up on Wednesday night. Runs well, although I still have some tweaking to do to the F.I due to the cam and compression changes that I made. Hoping to sort through those issues and get enough miles on it over the next week to take it autocrossing on the 11th (81 miles so far).

Here's a summary of the last 2 months:

First: Drop the engine.
Demick
Let's admire how beautiful a dirty old Type 4 looks. Bleach!
Demick
Stripped down to a longblock (more yuck!)
Demick
Peeking into the #3 intake port is the culprit - a dropped valve seat holding open the valve.
Demick
Keep tearing it down until the case is ready to be split....
Demick
Split the case...
Demick
Rebuilt heads back from the shop. All new valves, seats, guides, springs, etc etc. Lots 'o cracks had to be ground out and welded. These alone lightened my wallet by $1650. Ouch!
Demick
96mm pistons and cylinders from Jake Raby.
Demick
Build that sucker back up to a longblock.
type47
we see you are having fun! can you regularly add more pix of your progress. it would be a great informational tool.
Demick
Just about ready for the install.
machina
Nice work.

Amazing how dirty they can look, makes the new parts look even better.

dr
Demick
That's all I got for pictures. While the engine was out I took advantage of the time to rid the firewall of that big ugly heavy pad. Also moved the fuel pump to the front trunk and ran steel fuel lines through the tunnel. And was finally able to change my rear flexible brake hoses!

Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.