Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: removing dash board metal frame
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
Ok, I'm on the home stretch for finishing up all those things that were not done at the MWC (dash, dash piece between window and dash pad, sway bars). I have the gas tank out of the car, removed the fresh air box (cleaning the inside of that baby!) and removed all the vent hoses. I found 4 bolts that I can get to from the trunk, and 2 screws (each side) on the inside of the car. I believe there is 1 more in the center just to the left of the center console. Are there any more hidden bolts besides those...as I'm yanking it doesn't seem to be moving much!

Thanks again...I'm trying to get all these odds/ends done, more breakin time on the road (since this car was mostly taken apart) before I drive all that distance to the Midwest Fall Foilage!

Cheers!

Jim
Jeffs9146
As I remember (in my old age it is getting tougher), there are three in the dash area behind the instrument cluster. There is a gap between two sandwiched metal pieces of the main dash. The bolts attach to the dash pad between the two sandwiched pieces. I put a wrench in and turned it sideways to spread the gap and was able to get my fingers in. It was very difficult but with patience you can do it!

Jeff
SirAndy
you got them all, 4 in the front from the front trunk, 2 screws on the sides and (sometimes) one bolt in the middle.
you have removed the heater controls, right? because you need to ... wink.gif

you need to yank the metal frame *upwards* because the 4 bolts in the front will be in a bind otherwise.

smash.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 3 2004, 09:09 AM)
It was very difficult but with patience you can do it!

i believe he's taking about the metal sub-frame for the dash, not the dash pad itself.

i am assuming he already got the dash pad off ...
wink.gif Andy
Jeffs9146
Ok, I'm on the home stretch for finishing up all those things that were not done at the MWC (dash, dash piece between window and dash pad, sway bars).

Thats what I thought but when i reread it???

Jeff
jim912928
Thanks all, yes the upper and lower dash pads are already off...I am talking about the metal sub-frame. Andy, The center nut/bolt I have not removed yet so that maybe the one thing that will free it up. Good thing I didn't, because I didn't remove the heater controls yet.

Well, my task for tomorrow!

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.