Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silver w/Red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stutgart46
Has anybody ever seen a 914 in Silver with Red interior? I was just wondering and hoping somebody had pics. idea.gif
smg914
Hey Chad.....hope all is well in Texas.

Silver exterior with red interior......I've never seen one or heard of one with this combination. I'm assuming you are refering to a custom interior that someone installed. I know red was never an option from the factory.
Bleyseng
I have seen only the tan, brown, black and white interiors.
Now I have seen a black interior with red plaid inserts if thats what you mean.

Geoff
seanery
didn't 914Lite have it or what about Zois new racer?
Stutgart46
I recently saw someone selling a 914 carpet kit in Boxster Red and I was wondering if anybody had done that to a 914 yet. It seems that the silver/red combo got real popular after Porsche showed the Boxster prototype several years ago.
I just thought it may look cool.
Mueller
I've seen 356 cars in the combination.....looks good on those cars, it might look okay in a 914 if done right and you really like red interiors (I like black interiors myself)
Jeroen
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 3 2004, 07:55 PM)
didn't 914Lite have it...

Just my thought...
If memory serves, it had red reupholstered stock seats
Man that was waaaaaaay back. Must be gettin' old
:smileywithkane:

I think that car was an inspiration to many (I know it was for me)
Can't believe it ended up being parted out... What a sad ending for a car like that
carr914
Chad, How have you been? I'm just hanging out waiting for the hurricane. Might work on the car between putting plywood up.
T.C.
rhodyguy
the red interior in a silver car would look very nice. i came home from the wcc thinking about this. for it to look right the dash and the overlay in front of it would need to be done. drivers door pocket and passenger side arm rest too.

kevin
Stutgart46
Hey T.C., I'm just hanging in there. I just got a '72 that I'm working on. Runs great but needs some stuff. I just got some 7x15 fuchs and SC suspension. It needs paint and I was thinking about going with Silver (it's original color), and I was wondering what Boxster Red might look like inside.
Rhodguy, I agree that the dash pad should be done as well. However, you might be able to get by with leaving the pad out and painting that area to match the car, ala 356. It seems that with the resurrection of Hot Rods and restorations there are an abundance of qualified upholstery people. I was thinking that if you have the same person use the same material you could do all the vinyl (backpad, door panels, etc.0 and cover some Momo or Sparco seats as well.
What do you think?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.