Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: frnt bearing endplay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
new bearings, races,seals. when installing the rotors i ran the clamping nut down to the point where the rotor would'nt turn w/out firm pressure. eased off, just get movement on the washer when i insert a screwdriver. rotor spins nicely. is the general consensus good to go? one step closer.

kevin
Dave_Darling
If the washer moves when you pry it with a screwdriver, it's loose enough.

Button it up, put the road-wheel on. Grab the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock, wiggle wiggle wiggle. A small "click" is great, a large "clunk" is too much play. No "click" at all may very well be too tight, which is also bad.

914 and 911 front wheel bearings will loosen up if you load them up enough. Autocrossing will make them looser and looser, and after a while they need to be tightened.

I've done the wheel bearing adjustment in 20 minutes on the "false grid" at Candlestick. To a competitor's car. (The bastard had the nerve to out-drive me after I got his car to pass tech!!! Imagine, being more skilled than me after that!! wink.gif )

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.