Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Just received a voltage regulator that I purchased off of Ebay (it was a good price). Problem is that it is a little different than the one in the car now. The newly purchase one has some cooling fins that stick down and do not allow it to seat correctly on the relay board.
Can I modify the board to make this one fit, or do I have the wrong one.
PP shows the same Voltage Regulator for all years.
Root_Werks
Don't modify your board. It isn't worth it. Also, I can get you a brand new one (Bosch) for $30 plus shipping.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Is it Bosch? The newer ones are about half the hieght of the original ones.
ruddyboys
It looks like you could bend the tabs and remove the cooling fins and give it a try. I have never heard of an aircooled VR before.
Root_Werks
That VR is not for a 914, it mounts on a side wall (say a 911), you can see were there is a groove in the fins so you can access the mounting screw. The part number are probably different, I bet it would work fine, just not fit.

If you would grind down the fins, give it a try? I wonder if the vibrations/heat would ruin the VR though? idea.gif
Rhodes71/914
It was $15 including shipping, if I ordered through my FLAPS it was going to be $50. I guess if you can get one for $30 + shipping I would be money even and have the correct one. PM me if you want about where I can get one for $30.

Thanks
Root_Werks
Just an FYI for some folks out there and I am not trying to plug a business or anything. Buuut, since I do own a Repair shop (part time business), I can and do sell parts from time to time. So if anyone is local, maybe I can help save a buck or two? When I do parts, I am not in it to make money as it isn't a big deal to swing by and pick up a few more parts along with all the others I pick up.

So just FYI for those who read this and maybe are local to WA. I am a parts option. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.