Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Kinda: Sacramento Bug-O-Rama
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PorscheTom
Hello all,

Anyone going to the Bugorama this weekend? I'll be there watching the drags and see what other trouble I can get in to. Wish I had my new 914 hat... oh well. Should be fun.

If anyone else shows up, look for a big vintage Sportscoach RV (off white with a gold/green stripe around it) parked out there somewhere and come up and say hi! beerchug.gif
PatW
I'll be up there this weekend.. Where will it be at. Cal Expo?

Pat
PorscheTom
Hey Pat,

Look here:

http://www.bugorama.com/bugorama_map.html

That's a link to the map and driving directions. Look around and you'll see pics from other events. If you're into the VW side of all this, you'll enjoy it. Stop by if you have a chance.
Brad Roberts
I *may* shoot up Sunday. I would really like to see some of the Turbo bugs and the Pro Stock guy's run.

B
Britain Smith
Hey Brad...if you end up going let me know, I wouldn't mind tagging along. I wonder if Marty will be there...

-Britain
Trekkor
I went to Bug-O-Rama 20 years ago!

Back then you could stand along the guard rail along the edge of the drag strip.

This one guy in a VERY fast turbo bug, maybe Dominic Lapino ( sp ), got on it hard and flat lost it! Rolled it end over end right at us. We all just started running. He bounced off the rail right in front of us and bounced back on the pavement. He was OK. We were freaked out.

Back then they used to drop busses out of helicopters, too.

Ah, the old daze...
McMark
I'm thinking of going. Maybe I'll see ya'll there.
PorscheTom
Well, if anyone cares to, come and look me up at the RV. I'll be coming and going from it so try back from time to time.

Hopefully, meet some of you guys... wavey.gif
anthony
These bug car shows seem like so much more fun than Porsche events. What do you guys think about a Miss WCC contest?

IPB Image
vortrex
I think the next WCC should have more of a "hot import nights" flavor. I got dragged to the one in the bay area before I left, I didn't regret it!
Otmar
I'm half tempted to go, but I'd probably take the Stretch VW instead of the teener.
IPB Image
Martin Baker
.net
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.